I began all my training early in January. I've had to learn every job position at the restaurant. So I've worked extra hours on top of my normal serving schedule. That's a lot of nights away. Thanks goodness Micah has been so amazing and can make dinner for the little guys and get them into bed every night.
February was such a crazy month for my restaurant. Valentine's Day is usually the 2nd busiest day out of the year (1st is Mother's Day). As it turned out Dallas had the NBA Allstar Game the same weekend as Valentines Day. Which brought a bunch of people into Dallas. It was pretty exciting to work at such a well-known and well liked place (at least for this area). We had many celebrities and NBA players come into dine. Magic Johnson, Ludacris, Charles Barkley.
The Tuesday after Valentines Day was Fat Tuesday. My restaurant is a New Orleans style Seafood place, so Mardi Gras/ Fat Tuesday is a huge party for us. Again we were so busy. That entire week and week-end we were still had people waiting for a table when it was time to close. Crazy.
So I am finishing up my training. Right now I am learning to be a bartender. I don't know if bartending is really my thing. Can't say that I like it all that well. But I am one step closer to being completely done with training to be a Floor Manager at Pappadeaux.
Micah's in the middle of his 2nd semester of school. He's doing really well and really loves studying and going to class. Spring Break is next week, which he'll spend it researching and writing a huge 30 page memo. Then he'll have two weeks of finals at the end of April. He has applied to several Law Firms for a summer internship, so we are waiting to hear back.
Brode is our big Soccer Player. We signed him up for Soccer and T-Ball at the YMCA. Soccer is 6 weeks long and then T-ball will start after that. We also looked into preschools for him for next Fall. And we've got him registered and all ready to start.
Graham-hoppper is as sweet and silly as ever. He says most words and has started to combine 2 words together. He naps really well and sleeps so soundly through the night. Graham loves loves loves his Daddy and snuggles him constantly. He has discovered Disney's Cars, and loves Lighting McQueen and Chick Hicks. He's becoming such a fun little boy.
Life is definitely good here in Dallas. School is great. I've got an awesome job. The boys love it here and we find plenty to do to entertain them. Church is awesome and from it we've made some great friends. Can't say that we have anything to complain about. Life is good.
6 comments:
Thank you so much for the update. You all have been busy! I am so glad that you and your family are experiencing such success, may the next couple of years continue to be happy and successful.
Congratulations on the promotion! And I'm so happy that you guys are loving Dallas. Sorry I have been so out of touch. I will call soon!
Phew! I don't know how you do it.. I got wore out just by reading it! People still waiting for a table at closing! I can't imagine! My goodness! That is so great. I love that you guys love it down there. I think moving can sometimes be so scary and overwhelming, especially a far away move. I love love love that you guys are happy! Yay for Kormylo's!
Linds - you are amazing! You have the sweetest, cutest little family. I hope I can be just like you when I grow up!
Love you all!
We are so glad you guys are enjoying Dallas. Congrats on your promotion! We wish you guys didn't leave, we blame you guys for beginning the trend for everyone else leaving! :O) We miss you guys!
WOW! Life sounds amazing in Dallas. Congrats on your promotion Lindsey! It is so cool to see the different professions we are all going into. Good Luck on all your training. It sounds crazy in an exciting and fun way:)Miss you guys!
Post a Comment