Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Fourth on the Fifth

Thanks to terrible raining days and the Fourth falling on a Sunday, we were able to celebrate 4th of July on two separate days.

Monday, the 5th, we woke up early got bagels and headed over to a 4th of July Parade that was out of control fun! I can not remember having so much fun at a parade. These people threw out so much candy. I think Brode got more candy from the parade than what he got at Halloween last year.

Monday night we braved the crowds and watched Fireworks at Fair Park. Brode loved everything. Graham responded to it all (parade and fireworks) the same way I did when I was little. He hated the sirens from the fire trucks. Hated the loud music. Very nervous about the crowds of people. Really didn't care for the fireworks and needed to be held for the entire day. I think he felt very insecure. Poor little baby.

Waiting for the parade, eating bagels.

Brode went crazy over the candy. He had such a blast.
Our friends the Asay's are sitting next to us
with their little boy

Oh the Candy.

Graham is kind of pouting, but mostly just needed
loves from his Mommy.

Anticipating the Fireworks!!

It was a great 4th here in Dallas. Our first in the big city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could have been there, the boys just make me smile. Big hugs!!!!!!

cherroth said...

Sounds like you had so much fun...I remember many a 4th with you on my lap, quaking in fear and me hold my hands over your ears to try and drown out the noise...it's true it all comes back! Thanks for the pictures, it kind of helps my missing you guys so much!!!!

Dustin and Kellie said...

That is awesome. The thing I liked the best.. the einstiens! That's my favorite!! Mmmm, I may need to go get me some today.

Ethan is like that too with fireworks and loud noises. All he does now is walk around with his hands over his ears.

Yay for your 4th!

The Manwarings said...

I would love to see your boys at a parade... Your pictures are great. Keep updating all of us. We miss you!