Well today was amazing. Our little boy arrived via "Lindsey same-day-express" at about 4:30 this afternoon. Her water broke at eight thirty - right after the doctor tried to get things going a little bit with gel (we're not sure if it was natural or the doctor breaking it on accident), and so she never had to get pitocin or anything like that. It was still an eventful day, including SIX different poking, prodding, rooting tries to get an IV into Lindsey's arm. After the fifth try, Lindsey saw a vein poking out of my forearm and told the nurse "there's a vein, use that one!" It also took four or five tries to get the epidural into my poor pin-cushion of a wife (but well worth it!). And then right as she was getting ready to deliver she almost fainted and had to get an ephedrine injection with a little oxygen because her blood pressure dropped to 75/41. But despite all of the crazy unexpected stuff, Lindsey is recovering nicely and our cute little man is happy, healthy, and strong. He is eating well and we are so happy and blessed to have such a wonderful new baby. So here are some pictures of our awesome day.
What a cutie! Congratulations, guys - we are so happy for you. Sorry, Linds, that they had to poke you so many times! That had to be horrible - you're a trooper!
CONGRATS! We're happy for you guys, and we're grateful that mom and baby are doing well. He is a very handsome boy.
Micah, you've inspired me to shave my head. I'm going to build up the courage to do it someday. If you guys will just hurry and come down here then I'll be more likely to do it.
He is so cute!! I am so happy that Mom and baby are doing well. That was kind of a scary delivery and so many pokes! That stinks. Well Congrats and I cannot wait to see him.
7 comments:
What a cutie! Congratulations, guys - we are so happy for you. Sorry, Linds, that they had to poke you so many times! That had to be horrible - you're a trooper!
CONGRATS! We're happy for you guys, and we're grateful that mom and baby are doing well. He is a very handsome boy.
Micah, you've inspired me to shave my head. I'm going to build up the courage to do it someday. If you guys will just hurry and come down here then I'll be more likely to do it.
He is so cute!! I am so happy that Mom and baby are doing well. That was kind of a scary delivery and so many pokes! That stinks. Well Congrats and I cannot wait to see him.
He is so cute! I am so happy for you guys and I am glad everyone is okay! I can not wait to see him!! :)
Congratualtions!!! He is beautiful, we are so happy for you both. I bet you and Lindsey were about to ring the nurses neck hahah j/k. Love you guys
He is so cute! Congratulations.
What a sweet little guy. I am excited to meet him. You two do really well when it comes to babies. You make cute ones!
Give Brode a big hug for me.
Post more pictures of the baby!
Love ya - Steph
Post a Comment