Graham has been here for exactly 1 month today. The past few weeks have not been a walk in the park. With Brode we were blessed with a very easy going baby, who slept really well and was content anywhere he was and being held or not. I knew the luck wouldn't strike twice. Boy was I right. The evenings of the past 3 weeks have been spent with a crying unhappy baby. Graham cries for several hours with short breaks every now and then where he is somewhat content, usually nursing. Thankfully I have not had to endure this alone. When Micah is at home he helps out a lot. He has this soothing affect on Graham which helps calm him down a lot. My sister Bree has also been a great help. The nights Micah works she'll come over and take turns holding Graham. She is a pro-mom therefore knows tricks that I am not quite skilled at and has more patience than I do.
Graham is breast feeding really well and growing quickly and changing all the time. Brode loves his baby brother. He pays a lot of attention to him and shares his toys and drinks with him, well tries to at least. We have to keep a close eye on Brode. He doesn't understand that he needs to always be careful and gentle with his brother. He'll pick up on that soon.
This past month has had its ups and downs. We can not wait for the next months to come.
3 comments:
Isn't it funny how something so exhausting, complicated, and frustrating can be so REWARDING!
I think you and I had our boys in reverse order. I know the frustration! Hang in there! On the brightside...you two make incredibly adorable babies!!!
Sure Lindsey! No problem! Give me a call or something when you have some time and I can bring it by your house and maybe visit for a while. Your boys are adorable!
Post a Comment