Saturday, July 26, 2008

Thank You Micah!

Today (sunday) is my 26th Birthday. Man how time flies. I can not believe that I am 26 years old, married with 2 sweet boys and have a college degree. I am so pleased with where my life has taken me. I am so glad I met Micah 4 years ago and I am so happy he asked me to marry him. He is so amazing. 
Yesterday morning he snuck the boys out of the house and took them to my moms house, while I slept in. I woke up at 10:30 to breakfast in bed and a very quiet house. He brought me bagels with cream cheese and strawberries and raspberries with my favorite juice. Such a sweet surprise. Micah was a Prince with surprise after surprise on my special day. He planned a day of shopping and lunch just the 2 of us. He knows how much I love shopping and feel it is away of therapy. And I enjoy picking out my own presents. 
It was one of the nicest days ever; I really needed it. I was able to sleep in and actually get some uninterrupted sleep. I was also able to take my time getting ready. Which means a long shower without a toddler letting cold air into the bathroom, or feeling rushed to feed a baby or get others ready. Oh how I miss the simple things in life. 
When we went to lunch we were able to eat without us each manning a child. And because I knew my wonderful Mother was taking great care of my boys, I did not feel the need to eat quickly to pick up the boys.
Yesterday was exactly what I needed. I could not have asked for a better birthday present. My husband is so amazing and knows exactly how to take care of me. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys. I love being a mom more than anything, but I definitely needed a day just for me; just for us. Thank you Micah!

3 comments:

tara said...

What a sweetie! Happy late birthday, I hope it was fantastic. I love you!

Juliette said...

Happy Birthday!! What an awesome husband, and so sweet!

Suzie Koskella said...

Happy Birthday to you!! You desevered every bit of it!!