Why? You ask. The baptism was at 7pm. On most nights you can find Brode and Graham in the bathtub at this time, getting ready for bed. I just knew that they'd be an absolute mess not only because it was bedtime but also because it wasn't the "routine". And after a long day with my boys I usually look forward to 7pm. That is when I get to relax and put my feet up while Micah takes care of the logistics of bedtime. But Micah insisted that at least Brode go. And encouraged me to go to feel the Spirit. Again, I am thinking.....I wont feel the spirit. The boys will stress me out too much and distract me so much so that I wouldn't get anything out of the baptism.
Well, obviously Micah won. We went to the baptism. I took all the preventative measures I could think of. Brode napped just long enough to not be so exhausted to sit and be good. Same for Graham. We had a big dinner and no dessert (no sugar). I took cars and gum (sugar-free) for Brode as a bribe. And I must say they did fairly good considering the situation. Towards the end of the baptism, which is normally bedtime, they started losing control. Can't blame them.
BUT, let me tell you. For me it paid off. Maybe not so much for the people around us, but definitely for me. I felt the Spirit so strong as the first talk was spoken and when Micah's friend was baptized it was even stronger. It reminded me of my baptism and how special it was. As I sat there I thought about this guy and the decision he has made and how amazing his life will be. I was so happy for him and I am so glad I went.
I am also glad Brode went. It was such a great teaching moment for him. Micah knew this. He thought it was so cool watching the guy get baptized. He talked about it on the way home and Micah told Brode he needs to be a good boy to be baptized and how Jesus loves us, etc. Later that night, after baths, Brode got into trouble and was put into time out. And he said to Micah, "But I want to be baptized!" So cute. And what a great moment for our little family.
1 comment:
Great post. Isn't it wonderful to feel the Spirit? I attended many many stake baptisms when I served in the stake Primary and everytime felt the Spirit so strongly. It was a great blessing to my life. I'm glad you gave in. And I'm glad that Brode has decided he wants to be baptized!
Post a Comment