Saturday, May 8, 2010

No More Screaming!

(There is another new post beneath this one)

So Brode and Graham have two basic methods of interaction.

(1) They play cooperatively together. This is rare, but when it occurs it's very sweet and there is much laughter.
(2) Brode terrorizes Graham. Graham screams.

#2 has been almost constant lately, and it's nearly impossible to tell who is more at fault. Brode is usually the instigator, but often Graham screams if Brode so much as looks at him wrong. Needless to say, it's getting old, and needs to stop.

So now we just punish them both - Brode for being a butt-head, and Graham for screaming like a little girl. So if Graham screams, we assume they are both guilty, and punish them accordingly. The sentence? Noses on the wall!

This is the magic spot


Yes, Graham's face is a little red. And no, he's not very happy.

Proper form is key: Nose must maintain contact. Eyes forward. Head level.

Eyes forward, nose pressed

Disorientation is common, so using an arm to support your stance is acceptable


Surprisingly, the volume, frequency, and length of screams have all gone down considerably since we started doing this. =)

2 comments:

KatieLarson said...

I am totally stealing this idea. Sometimes Aidan thinks time out is a joke, maybe with his nose on the wall his opinion will change.

Dustin and Kellie said...

I love the theory that both are guilty, because that is SO common. Often times I'll get "Ethan hit me." Then I'll say "Ethan why'd you hit Maren?" He'll say "she hit me first." So irratating! I agree that there is proper form. I say 300 times a day "get your nose in the corner." They still don't get it. I am happy that naughty-ness has gone down!