Saturday, August 14, 2010

Big-Boy-Graham

We just enjoyed a really nice visit from Grandma Jean, and when she left it was time for a big step in little Graham's life - his first night of sleep in a big-boy bed!

He prepared for the stressful adventure by soothing himself with chocolate - seen around his lips - and playing with Mom's Ipod.

An 8:00 pm bedtime was followed by lots of playing and mad-dashing into bed when Dad opened the door. Graham is seen here pretending to be asleep to avoid getting in trouble.

Unfortunately, keeping a straight face is not Graham's strong-suit, and he gave himself away promptly.

After 3 hours of horsing around with his brother, Graham finally passed out on his bed.

Surprisingly good form for a first-timer - head on the pillow, slight coverage with blankets, and feet towards the foot of the bed. Fast learner!
Even more impressive considering the fact that....


... after 2 1/2 years, Brode is still struggling to find his form at bed-time!

5 comments:

Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jones said...

Sorry, big typo so I'm redoing.
I agree, this is a BIG milestone! Great photos! Even better dialog. It sounds like the play-by-play of a football game. Hummm, I wonder if Micah or Lindsey wrote this particular blog post? ;)

The Manwarings said...

So cute! (Although kind of sad... What happened to baby Graham?!) We love you guys!

Dustin and Kellie said...

How great! What a big boy!! That is so great he did good. And so funny that Brode still sleep in funny positions! That is so sweet! I loved all the pics!

Bekah said...

Craziness, I can't believe he is old enough for a big boy bed! Your boys are so adorable! Take care!