diarrhea
vomit
constipation
swollen feet and hands (beyond any recognition)
(I'll save you the disgust and not give you all the gross details of who had what)
We decided to take a "fun" weekend, Memorial Day trip as a family. We haven't done much together lately and thought a fun getaway was definitely due. Didn't go as planned. But we tried making the most of it and all in all I think the boys enjoyed a change of scenery, a night in a hotel, and a dip in an indoor pool. Better luck next time.
At least they can crack a smile.
Micah and his Navigation.
About 30 minutes into the trip, Graham began saying
"I wanna go home now". And repeated this phrase about every hour.
Not a road trip kind of kid.
Hates the car.
Brode was the sick puking child. Couldn't keep anything down
and slept most of the time. We stopped at Target and
bought a $1 bowl that he used a couple times.
The face of misery. He wanted this apple juice so bad.
And wanted breakfast so bad. Life was tough.
37 Weeks Pregnant
(and miserable)
Yes it is time to have this baby. I am very ready.
I'm hot and uncomfortable ALL the time.
I'm still working full time and after working 6 days straight with back
to back 12 and 10 hour work days, I thought a relaxing car ride
would be wonderful. Sitting on my bum all day, sounded so lovely.
The sick children were one thing. But swollen feet and hands
and never feeling comfortable was quite miserable.
Noted: car trips when big and pregnant = misery
I brought along some cute black flats which I couldn't wear
the majority of the time. My feet were so huge I couldn't even
get my toes in them. We made a quick stop at Target for some
flip-flops and tried on about 12 pairs before I found some
that were not only comfortable but also ones that I could get
my huge toes and the rest of my foot into. Ah yes, lovely.
2 comments:
Yeah for Target! Boooo for sickness on a trip!!! Keep me posted on the plans.
I'm sorry sweetheart, but it's almost over and then you'll have a cute little Worthington to cuddle and it will all be worth it. Sick kids on a trip is no fun but pretty predictable and you just learn to live with it!!!!!
Post a Comment