Thursday, August 25, 2011

10 Weeks ... Say What???

We are just truckin' right along here. Boys are growing up. Changing. Surprising us everyday.

Rocco is now 10 weeks old. He is our little chubby red haired, dark eyed baby boy. And vocal. Man is he vocal. I am struggling right now. He has grown accomstomed to sleeping either with me (or on me) or in the swing. Bad Mommy. I created these bad habits. The problem is that he is so noisy. Seriously. I can not get a good nights rest with him in bed with me. He starts grutting. Which wakes me up. I think he is waking up but 90% of the time, he is not. I figit with him. Which in turn wakes him up. It is a terrible cycle.
OR..... he finally falls asleep in the swing, after several hours of trying to get him to sleep (from about dinner time (I swear he smells dinner and cries right when I am about to sit down to eat) until 11 he cries, eats 2 ounces, sleeps 15 mins, then repeats), I then pick him up and put him in his bed. A few hours later he wakes up. Eats, goes back to sleep in bed, couple hours later, wakes up again.
This week Micah suggested we try something a little different. I was desperate for a full nights sleep, so I listened. He suggested we leave Rocco in his swing. Sure enough, two nights in a row he slept from 11pm until 5:30am. Man that felt good. Well for the most part. I felt a little guilt too, for leaving my baby in a swing all night long, in another room. We'll get this figured out eventually, I'm sure.

In his swing.

Can't get enough of that smile.

Can't get enough of that cute little face.

Those beautiful dark eyes.

And that chubby belly.

That non-existing neck.

And that dark red hair.

In other news, Graham ran out of diapers on Sunday. Monday morning we woke up and it was potty training time. He was a little hesitant at first, but then was quick to run around in his batman undies and batman shirt. Plus we told him he was the "boss" of the day and that he could choose what we watched and that he would get chocolate (he's favorite) everytime he went in the potty.
This first day went pretty well. Better than expected that is for sure. With the exception of one thing. He pooped on the wall. Yes, thats right. On the wall. Graham went and hid in his room, behind his book shelf up against the wall to do his business. GROSS! On the second day, he wanted undies on first thing in the morning. And went potty all on his own. No one needed to remind him. But then went poo in his undies again. He still hasn't gone #2 in the potty, but he always does his business in the potty without being reminded. I would consider this potty training experience to be very successful. I know that getting a child to do the #2 business in the potty to be one of the hardest parts to potty training. We'll get there though.
Entertaining himself, while on the pot,
with his batcave.
Such a Man.

BATMAN
I think he truly believes he is batman.

Watching a movie.
Look at that red hair.


Brode's first week of Pre-K is just about complete. He can not believe he gets to go everyday. We are learning that he doesn't go until after lunch. But he remains anxious all morning.
We've began a routine in the morning to help the time go by faster. He eats breakfast first thing. Washes his face and hands and brushes his teeth. Then gets dressed, cleans his room and makes his bed. The he plays for a bit before Wild Krats comes on at 11. Eats lunch at 11:30. And we're out the door by 12:05. I never thought I'd be sitting in line at a school for so long. People get to the school so early to drop their children off or even pick them up. They must get there 20-30 minutes early. Don't they have other children? Or better things to do?
Picking Brode up at 3:05 usually takes an hour from our front door and back. The school is only 12 mins away, during traffic. Please tell me how that is possible.
My little fashion boy dresses himself. Refuses
to allow anyone help him get dressed.
Lets discuss this outfit. Khaki shorts; his favorite.
Brown "Big Brother" shirt; also his favorite.
And it must be tucked in. Who is this kid???
Then the over shirt. He loves his button down
shirts. Calls them his jackets. Don't know why.
But he insisted that the top button be done.
He looked like a gangster. Funny child.

2 comments:

The Manwarings said...

I love this post! Everything about it! What a silly pack of boys. We love you all.

Jones said...

Oh, I love all of this! I wouldn't feel guilty for one minute about Rocco sleeping in his swing. People don't feel guilty spending $3000 for a tempurpedic mattress. We need to be comfortable to sleep well. He's comfortable and you get to sleep. It's a win win!
Yeah on the potty training. It does sound like he is/was ready! Don't forget to have Graham HELP you clean up the poop that happens at the wall. This is all HIS business now -- he is a big boy and the more responsibility he takes the sooner the messes will end (or so the theory goes).
So glad preschool is exciting and satisfying for Brode. I'm applaud you for letting him choose his own clothes. Too many moms insist on clothing the child so he/she'll be cute. He is cute and even more so in the funky way he puts the clothing together. It's great that you are documenting this and I hope you continue to pick up on his style changes and make notes. I think he'll get such a big kick out of this as he gets older and his wife, for sure will love reading about it. Isn't interesting how they each have such unique personalities right from the get go?