Friday, August 19, 2011

9 Weeks!

Oh, Little Roc is now months old. He is such a delightful little guy. Just wish he'd sleep more than 4 hours at a time. I am pretty much a zombie. We had Rocco's 2 month check up earlier this week. And this is what we learned...
Weight - 12lbs 1oz (75th percentile)
Height - 22 1/2in (50th percentile)
Head Circ - 40cm (75th percentile)





Love picture of sleeping babies.
Rocco is super alert and responsive. The other day he put out the biggest pouty lip when he heard his older brother Graham crying. And when bitten by his Daddy, Rocco belts out the sweetest, scaredest cry ever. Rocco is about to be evicted from our bed and bedroom all together. He is the noisiest sleeper. He grunts a lot while he is sleeping, which wakes me. Rocco is noisy in general. He is more vocal than either of my other boys (more vocal than Brode?? Yes!) At first we confused it with discomfort, but really he's just making noise; lets us know he is there.


Brode's First Day of Pre-K. He was so excited, but hid it well. Brode goes in the afternoon, from 12:35-3:05. He waited patiently all morning long. He was so worried that we were going to be late. I told him we'd go right after we had lunch. So all morning long he asked for lunch. Finally we got to go and he was so brave and walked right into his class. His teacher told me that he was such a great helper.

Earlier this week we went to the zoo. The zoo was only $1 per person. So I braved the heat with my three boys. Overall it was pretty miserable. You can't beat $3 for a trip to the zoo, but I think I'll wait until cooler weather before we attempt the zoo again.

This is Graham's eating position. Always eats with his left hand and usually has his head in his hand like so. Mealtime has been a struggle with him lately. He used to eat just about everything. Now I think he likes to say he doesn't like dinner just to be consistent. Now a days if he had his way he would eating nothing but "cheezy crackers" and "nanna's".

I bet you're thinking, "Oh wow, Lindsey. You took a picture of a stack of diapers!" And at first glance that may be what the picture is of. But let me tell you. This picture tells you a lot more. It tells you that Graham is only 8 diapers away from being potty trained. I told him that the last box of diapers I bought would be the last and then we would be in fully potty training mode. Yes he is over three years old. Yes he is 4 months over three years old. We've given him time to prepare. But looks like this weekend we'll be potty training.

3 comments:

The Manwarings said...

Rocco is such a cutie! I need to hold him and kiss him... I just do! And why is Micah biting his children? And good luck with the potty training... Go Graham!

cherroth said...

Oh,Rocco is growing and growing and just beautiful!!!!! I too need to just hold him and kiss him. Good luck with the potty training....just sit him down and tell him he needs to go potty now cuz he is a big boy...well, it worked with you!!!! Thanks for the posts honey...you know they are my life line!!!!!

Jones said...

Lindz I do believe that baby is getting more beautiful with time if that is possible. He just looks so cute. I hope Brode's school turns out to be a wonderful experience for him where he can make lots of friends and exercise all his social muscles. I know he needs it to be happy and content. I'll be anxious to hear how the potty training goes. He probably is totally ready. Have you asked him what he wants as a celebration when he is so big he can go in the potty by himself? He will be so proud when he does it and then won't it be sweet not to deal with those diapers anymore!!!