Monday, June 16, 2008

Celebrating Dads






For Father's Day 2008, we spent it with my family out on the lake. Brianne's boys, Josh and Jordan, are in town for the summer. It was our first official full family outing this summer. We had a little picnic and played on the boat and some fished off the dock. The weather was so amazing. Graham was able to sleep on one of the camping chairs and not get over heated. We found a campsite with two picnic tables with a canopy and lots of shade. It was the perfect day to celebrate the two very special Fathers in my life: my Dad and my husband. 
I am so grateful for my father and everything he has taught me through out my life. He is the perfect example of hard work and integrity. I hope that I can work as hard for my family as my dad has. 
Then there is my Micah, the father of my two sweet boys. He never ceases to amaze me. We have been married for 3 years now and life has not been a walk in the park. He sacrifices so much to make sure we have everything we need and want. Brode loves his Daddy. Micah is young at heart and loves to play with his boy. He takes such good care of him. After hours of screaming, Micah will take Graham into his arms and sings to him while he holds him so close. Immediately Graham quiets down. My heart is so full when I watch Micah play and nurture our children. He is such a loving father. I am so glad he is the father of my children.

No comments: