Sunday, June 22, 2008

Milestones




Graham is a growing and ever changing baby. He is 8 weeks old and has transitioned from the tiny little newborn into an alert infant. Two weeks ago (6weeks old) he began smiling. As I was changing his diaper at the changing table, Brode stood on his step stool to watch. I was singing the "ABCs" to Brode and I looked down at Graham and he was looking right at my face smiling. Oh how I was excited. It was not only the first time he smiled but it was the first time he looked at me like he knew who I was or what he was looking at. So fun!!!

Then last Thursday Graham scared his mommy big time. He slept through the night!!! I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 6am with the sun shining in my eyes. I freaked out! I kept thinking he is far too young to sleep through the night. I jumped out of my bed and ran to his room to make sure he was still breathing. Sure enough, the little angel was still fast asleep in his bed. It was blissful getting so much sleep but painful at the same time.... the milk jugs (as Micah likes to call them) were extremely full and hurting very badly. That is something I will just need to get used to, especially for the great nights sleep. Oh the milestones are so fun and rewarding for mommy!

3 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

haha. thats awesome that he slept through the night!! a good nights sleep doesnt come often! haha.
but yes.. when your SUPER FULL! it does hurt soo bad!! haha but like you said you sacrifice that or a good nights rest..

tara said...

Milk jugs?! I love it! LOL. Wow he's such a cutie and bless his little heart for giving mamma some sleep. Good boy!

Suzie Koskella said...

Yeah for sleeping through the night! Jacob first slept through the night at 2 months and I about freaked out! :)