We began the day with breakfast. Mickey Mouse and heart shaped pancakes. Yum! Then Micah and I gave Brode some of the presents that we bought him. We could not wait. Brode then had Little Gym and it was "Super Friends" Day, so he was able to invite a friend. He invited his best bud Hunter. They had such a great time.
Later that evening his party began. Everyone was mingling and having a great time. The kids fought over the toys, no surprise there. The food was good and the cake was great. Brode did an amazing job of blowing out the candles on his cake. He was super duper excited about it.
While the cake was being eaten Micah played with Brode. It was Micah's attempt to distract him from the "Flinstone-type" car he got for his birthday, so the other kids could have a turn. What a good Daddy. So Micah was swinging Brode around. Typical behavior for a Dad. When there were done swinging Brode began crying. And cried and cried. I took him and held him. He didn't stop. I gave him his blankey. Didn't stop. I tried the binky that he only gets when he goes to sleep. Didn't stop. At this point I started to worry. He was hurt bad. Crying this much is not typical behavior for him. Usually he hurts himself and cries for 30 secs tops and then gets distracted. But not this time. This was serious. I held him and every time he moved he cried harder. He just laid up against my chest and kept saying "Hurt! Hurt!" Micah and I were so worried. We weren't sure where exactly he was hurt, but we knew it was on his arm somewhere. He didn't calm down so we rushed him to the Emergency Room. Yes, the ER. A mothers worst nightmare. He cried and cried the whole way there. It broke our hearts we couldn't figure it out and make it stop for him. And every time he said "Hurt" it was like he was telling me to make it stop and I couldn't.
The ER was able to get us right back to the room. The Doctor came right in and started checking him out. And determined quickly what the deal was. He dislocated his elbow. The Doctor immediately popped it back in and not too long after Brode had finally quit crying. Thank Goodness! They took XRays just to be sure but his arm looked great and we were able to go home. After the Doctor left Brode called the him "friend". What a sweet boy. And then put his hands on his Daddy's cheeks and said "go! go!" I could not blame him. The ER is not a fun place to be.
Once we got home Brode was able to open his presents. He was so spoiled. He got just about everything a little 2 year old boy could dream of.
Here are some pictures of his Birthday Bash!
This last photo was after the Trauma. As you can see he is Happy as a Clam. Presents!!!
3 comments:
What a crazy day! It sounds like Brode is doing well. How is mom and dad? That would be so traumatic for a parent. You made it sound so calm in your post. You are better than me...
OHMYGOSH I bet you were freaked out! The ER is never a fun place to go with a kid. I'm glad he had a fun birthday regardless!
Oh my heck! Scary! That would be awful. I would be crying! How scary. He is so sweet. Loving the doctor like that. :) Happy Birthday Brode!
Post a Comment