Today, we celebrated Christmas with our Ward. Micah and I are on the activities committee and with our committee members we planned the Ward Christmas Party. We made turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy and stuffing. And we had everyone else brings other sides and dessert. The turn out was out of this world. We also put together a Money Drive for a Rwandan Refugee family. Micah volunteers for the IRC, International Rescue Committee and has worked with a family since they got to Boise which has been a little over a year now. They have three children and barely speak English. Tonight we were able to collect a little over $300 for this family. We'll take the money and buy them a Wal-Mart gift card, so that they will be able to buy presents for their children and food.
Don't you just love this season? The Season of love and giving!
2 comments:
What a good idea! I did something similar in the mission field but didn't even think about since. Maybe next year we can do something like this...such fun!
I love it! I love the 12 days of Christmas idea and I love that you are helping that family! Go Micah for volunteering! Thats wonderful!
Post a Comment