Wanna know how to spend the best day in Dallas? I'll tell ya...
You get your walking shorts and shoes on. Pack a picnic. Grab a blanket. Grab your sunscreen and some water and head to the Dallas Arboretum.
The boys and I needed something fun to do while Micah is out of town for four days. We decided to utilize our annual pass and check out the Fairy Tale Castles at the Arboretum. I love this place. In the Spring and in the Fall. Otherwise it's too hot or too cold. It smells so lovely. And there's always fun stuff for kids to see. Today we spent our lunch there in the greatest 80 degree weather ever. We were in heaven. By the end of the day I was exhausted.
WARNING: PICTURE OVERLOAD
Brode looks as though he is going on a safari.
Got his back pack on with water and grapes in it.
Got his Map in hand.
And his awesome hat. He's ready!
First stop, Aladdin's Castle. Brode's fav for some reason.
Second, Little Mermaid Castle.
I loved this picture because the tree above the castle
was so beautiful. Click on it to enlarge!
This one is called Jack and the Beanstalk.
Graham is running over to find out how to get in.
Hammy!
Brode is freaked out about bugs. He was too afraid to
take the picture because he didn't want something to get him.
Last week he had a run-in with either a bee or an ant.
I wasn't there but he went to pick me a wild flower
and something was on it. It got on him and he freaked!
Wont go near flowers anymore. Poor child.
Beauty and the Beast Castle.
This is Brode's type of castle.
His "GQ" pose.
Such a funny child.
Sweet Happy Hammy!
This is his "WHAT!" face.
At every castle they have these little story books.
After a while the boys got tired of me reading them.
"STOP!"
Tiny little controller.
Brode's worried about the bugs.
Graham's just annoyed with his Mom.
Checking out the orange fish.
Last stop everytime. Why last stop you ask....
Because they usually get soaked.
Great way to cool off.
We're at the petting zoo.
Small goats, bunnies, chicks, a cow and a lamb.
1 comment:
Thanks for all the pictures babe! I love you and can't wait to see you and the boys. I'll back in a couple days!
Post a Comment