This past week was a big exciting week. On Thursday of last week, at the last moment, I decided to take Rocco to Boise for the first time. It was to surprise Grandma Cheryl for her birthday and a chance for Rocco to meet a lot of his family for the first time. We flew down late in the afternoon on Friday. Then we surprised Grandma on Saturday morning, met a lot of family later Saturday, and more family on Sunday, including Great Grandma Lola Qualls, and flew home super duper early Monday morning. It was a fast trip in that it was only a few days, but man - it felt like a long few days. We ended the week at home with some great family time.
Sunday-Thursday, I am responsible for getting up with Rocco should he wake up for a night time feeding. Friday and Saturday Micah wakes up with him. It's funny how on Friday and Saturday, Rocco some how manages to sleep through the night and during the week he wakes up at least once. Nonetheless Rocco is sleeping through the night more and more. I am desperately trying to figure out a schedule for the babe. It's difficult because we have to spend so much time in the car in the afternoon running Brode back and forth from school. I will say this: the one routine Rocco has gotten down is when he poops. Never fails. At 3pm, while sitting in the "pick up lane" at Brode's school, Rocco goes. And this child doesn't go a little. Typically it's a blow out. Thank you Rocco.
Getting some Grandma snuggles.
Rocco has discovered how yummy his hands taste.
The one thing Aunt Bri is good for (jk).
She did figure out how to get him to sleep
and he loved snuggling up to her. She even slept
with him the first night in Boise, which was
so nice for me.
Rocco met Papa for the first time.
Papa bawled his eyes when he saw his new grandson.
Big Softy!
He met Charlie too!
And Grandpa Phil
And Abby (Cassie and the girls too) and Zoe
the Kormylo's new puppy.
Rocco met cousin Nathyn and Uncle Luke
And snuggled up to Grandma Jean for the first time.
He met the dynamic duo, Uncle Brandon and Aunt
Katie, who are now engaged to be married.
Congrats!
Rocco's Great Grandma Lola Qualls (Nana) drove up
from Twin Falls with Great Aunt Jo
(no picture, can't believe I didn't get a picture with her)
and ....
Uncle Vernon.
We also visited with Aunt Kirby and
Mrs. Wendy Manwaring and most of her
lovely family.
More snuggles with the Birthday Lady
I have to give major props to Salt Lake City Airport.
They have rooms next to the restrooms that
are for mothers. There's no toilet, but there is a chair
and a counter with a sink. So nice. Traveling alone
with a 11 week old, who is still breast feeding
is not simple. Lugging everything around,
changing diapers, and trying to discretely feed
your baby can be quite a daunting task. But
the Salt Lake Airport made it so simple for us.
We had a great visit with family in Boise.
But there is nothing better than being greeted
at home by these three adorable boys. They
were so happy to see us and we were so happy
to see them. Micah said Brode was so worried
on their way to the airport. He was dead silent.
If you know Brode, you know this is not typical.
Micah asked him what was wrong, and he said,
"I'm worried that Mom is gonna crash into a building..."
Thankfully I didn't and Mommy and Rocco
made it home safely from a great trip.
Rocco and Brode enjoying his new Floor Mat.
We treated ourselves to a Family Night Out for some
frozen yogurt. I have two fruit loving boys and
one choco-holic.
Can you guess who is the choco-holic?
In other news, I am a super proud mommy of
a potty trained boy. Graham has done so well.
2 comments:
Thank you for the best Birthday ever!!!! Those boys looked like they really missed you...and were so glad to have you back!! I can't believe how much Rocco has grown!!!!and that is a really beautiful pic of you and Grahammy. I want you to come back........
Yeah for potty trained! Ohhhhhh. Poor Brode being worried about you crashing into a building. See, all the repeating of 9/11 is going to scare a whole new bunch of children. Love all the photos of Rocco. Interesting how tiny and smaller he looked on Vernon's knee. So sweet about the Papa's tears. I am sure that really made the decision to go home totally worth it! What fun to find such great buys at garage sales. Sounds like you really cleaned up! Oh, and, can I guess who purchased the onesie for the airplane trip home? Love ya!
Post a Comment