Post Disclaimers
Disclaimer #1 : Some of the photos and stories expressed in this post might be unsightly.
Disclaimer #2 : There are a number of photos in this post and a lot of dialogue.
Disclaimer #3: Some of the content in this post is merely for my Historical Record (to remember and mock my children relentlessly in the future).
If you asked me two weeks ago if I thought I could make it being a single parent, I'd say no! After two weeks of Micah being gone I'd still say NO.
Micah was out of town for two weeks for training. The boys and I carried on with our usual routine as best we could while Dad was away. And although we had some fun and survived we are definitely ready for him to come home.
The past two weeks have been quite interesting. The first two nights were really hard for me, but then I got some momentum and had a few really good nights. Thats when it all came to an abrupt halt. I discovered a mouse playing "peek-a-boo" with me from under my couch. Oh hell no! I thought "this can not be happening". I will admit, I had quite the panic attack. Woke Brode up with my freaking out and felt chained to the dinning room chair I was sitting on. Thankfully after my sister taught me how to breath again over the phone, I talked myself down from the chair and quickly ran out the front door with Brode right behind me. After finally getting a hold of Micah, he called in some reinforcements. The Elders Quorum Presidency to the rescue with some mouse traps. They set them with peanut butter and went back home to their wives. I wanted to beg them to stay and get the little jerk out of my house, but instead I set up a barricade with some blankets and an ironing board and Brode and I bunked up in my room. I know. I know. Ridiculous.
Brode slept with me, to protect me. He could not figure out what the problem was. By morning we had two mice in mouse traps. Successful! We took Brode to school and Rocco, Graham and I spent the rest of the afternoon doing anything but going back to the house. The gentlemen came back to the house to remove the mice and set more traps, just in case their were more. Thankfully we have not caught anymore. Brode is sure to check the traps every morning for me still, just in case.
We've had other excitements. On Saturday, Graham woke up a completely different person. He was very defiant, had multiple potty accidents (one was standing right in front of the toilet with his undies on and peed all over himself), broke his bed completely, and colored on the wall (he "wanted to paint!"). One of the potty accidents was at the grocery store. I braved the store with all three children. Stupid. Graham told me he needed to go potty. I hurried to the restrooms and as he began standing up from the car on the front of the cart, he peed all over himself. This happened just as Rocco decided to go #2 in his diaper. And if you know Rocco, a #2 isn't simply a #2, it is a complete blow out. So after cleaning Graham up and sanitizing the entire cart and after cleaning Rocco up, I finished my shopping and got everything I could think of. Need or wants. Because i wasn't going to attempt this again.
We've had some fun too! But we've definitely missed Micah and can't wait for him to return.
This guy! Brode is a lover. He is very compassionate and sweet.
Their is a young lady at school that has caught his attention. Her name is Rachel. The following is a conversation we had as I was dropping him off for school.
Me : Who do you sit next to at school?
Brode : Rachel (huge grin)
Me : You're such a little lover.
Brode : Yeah, I just like the girls. (even bigger grin)
I'm just trying to find the right girl to marry.
Rocco is 3 Months Old!!!!
Well at this point he is almost 4 months old. I think over this past weekend he had a growth spurt. He's going to be out of 3-6 month clothing within a couple of weeks.
He smiles tons.
Loves to play on his mat.
Prefers to be held by Mama or laying next to her.
Sleeps from 8pm-4:30ish (YES!)
Eats at 4:30 then sleeps until 7:30 (YES!)
Reunited and it feels so good....
Back in July Graham lost his "kitty blanky". We worried that this would be a problem but he quickly fell in love with a new blanket (the dark one shown above).
I happened to be on Amazon.com one day and looked at Carters Blankets, and sure enough they had the same exact blanket that Graham had lost. He was so excited to be reunited and is now over joyed with 2 kitty blankies.
We've had several days of colder weather with a little rain.
We pulled out everyone's jackets, even Rocco's.
We pulled out all of our Boise State Bronco gear on game day.
Brode has soccer practice every week.
Then plays soccer every Saturday.
This past Saturday he seemed very tired.
But scored 2 goals anyway.
Graham has soccer practice right before his games on Saturday.
He loved practicing and warming up, but once they begin to
play he shies away.
Game face!
He eventually warmed up!
Like I said above, he prefers being held.
So when I need just a few moments with both my
hands, I'll throw him in his bouncer and quickly
get whatever done. It does not last long.
The defiant child.
I've had to be quite creative with things to keep this kid
out of trouble. Although after I took this picture, I went to
change Rocco's diaper and that is when Graham "painted"
my walls.
My almost 5 year old.
He's super opinionated with the clothing he wears.
And he's super concerned with eating a healthy
well-balanced meal. He loves eating off this tray.
We've got to fill every spot. That's what makes it balanced.
One afternoon, in the car, Brode and Graham had this
conversation:
Graham : Mmmm...whats that smell?
Brode : It's my mouth (just put chap stick on)
Graham : Ooo... I can't wait to taste "yours" mouth
Evidence of getting fatter.
Look at those thighs!
I'm not joking when I say he always has a blow out.
This was today. We were in the process of running errands
in between dropping Brode off for school and picking him up.
I didn't want to go all the way home (i usually do in situations like these)
so I changed him in the trunk of my car.
Thank goodness for a large package
of wipes, extra clothing and sanitizer.
He's happy about it!
So much, it oozed out onto his seat.
What a little sucker.
6 comments:
Oh I love that baby!!! He is so gorgeous. I love the food trays. And I think it is great that Brode wants to eat balanced. It should help him learn to steer away from M&Ms and other goodies that are the downfall of so many of us. I loved that you documented Rocco's blow-out! It will be interesting to see how long this very predictable timing continues for him. I'm so glad that Brode was able to fulfill his "man of the house" role and take good care of you. Funny that he didn't really understand what was happening. Seems to me that Graham is ready for something exciting to be happening in his life. Brode gets to go to school -- almost every day mind you, and Graham stays home, which is really what he'd rather do, but then again, it would be nice to have something exciting to do and look forward to on a regular basis . . . Well, I'm sure Micah has missed his family as much as you've missed him. Sleep well with him back home. Carol (I've changed my blogger name)
Lindsey - I can't stop laughing. You are one mighty momma with three little characters. Thank you for sharing all of that. (And I'm sorry for laughing about the mouse... I would have been so grossed out, but it sure seems funny after the fact.) And I'm so glad that Micah is home!
Oh Lindsey, This to shall pass!!!!! You might as well get used to things like this happening because as you travel the great "life", you will experience alot of these little things happening!!! But you have Micah, Brode, Graham and Rocco and the church, and your neighbors and aLOT OF OTHERS THAT JUST MIGHT MAKE YOUR JOURNEY EXCITING!!!!!! It's all part of life.....so enjoy. There no need to get stressed, just laugh.......it will make things so much better!!!! I Love You!!!!!!
You are so brave! Two weeks alone! I know that we women do what we have to do and survive it, but yuck! I would hate that! And then the mice, double yuck! Thank Goodness for Super Brode! And those blow outs...I am so glad you took pictures! I hope that isn't to gross sounding but something like that should be documented! Love ya!
It's always nice to learn that you can survive without your hubby, but even better when he is home. I don't like it at all when Dustin goes out of town. :( I'm glad for you that he's home!!
What a busy two weeks! It's unreal how much our husbands do. We usually don't realize it until they are gone. Your boys are growing so fast and they are soooo adorable!!
Post a Comment