Sunday, March 25, 2012

On to the next leg...

We wrapped our stay at the Shelton's house on a Sunday. And then headed to Utah for more family and friend visits.

I was so proud of everyone on the two Sunday's we were there. We had 9am church. Which meant that all 7 children and myself had to be ready and in the car by 8:45 to get to church on time (the chapel was close).
The Gang ready for church.
One person is missing. And 1 thing doesn't belong.
Can you guess??

Here's the correct picture.
On this Sunday Graham opted to spend the day with
his Aunt Bri rather than going to church. This was day
9 out of 9. I DID NOT put up a fight about this.

The bow in the above picture doesn't belong on my sweet
Rocco boy. He discovered a basket full of bows and dumped
it out. Brode thought it would be funny to put one on him.
And it was :)

Before heading to Utah, we had to spend some time with Uncle Brandon. First he came over to Mom and Dads house and made some paper airplanes with the boys. They loved this. The next day we went into the mountains for some sledding.


I feel the need to give a full account of this adventure because it proved to be something I was not expecting. Papa, Brandon, Brode, Graham and I headed up to Idaho City in search for the perfect sledding hill. I was reluctant to go. I knew Brode would love it. But I worried that Graham would be miserable, thus making it miserable for everyone else. We hit a few roadblocks along the way. But this did not discourage Uncle Brandon. He was determined to get in some snow time. We ended going up higher than expected. This made me nervous (avalanches. yes, i worry WAY too much about NOTHING). Finally we found the perfect spot. I little parking lot at the top of the mountain, where snowmobiles head out. The snow was deep and untouched. Brode immediately ran out of the truck and began playing in the snow. Graham waited patiently to get fully clothed before heading out. Once everyone was ready, they'd climb up a little ways, tugging along a sled, sit down and Papa would give them a nice push down the small hill.
After about 5 runs, Brode was d.o.n.e. Graham on the other hand kept at it. He'd come down. Then immediately turn around and head right back up. The snow was not easy to walk in. You had to crawl and literally climb. But he was persistent. This amazed me. Graham was brave. Nothing scared him, even the possibility of falling off the sled. The cold never got to him. He was our little snow bunny. A funny too.
Uncle Brandon leading Brode up the hill.

Graham would start out sitting up on the sled and holding on
to the sides. By the time he got to the bottom he end up like
this. I guess it's more fun not holding on and laying back for the ride.
Surprising.

Uncle Brandon riding a new sled from the Aunts ;)

Graham made it look so fun, I HAD to join him.

Brode, 10 minutes before the meltdown.

Next up, Utah. My Mom drove us down to visit the Lincoln's. And I was able to get in a few (too short) visits with some friends. My Mom and I were talking about how much we love Utah and the mountains. And how Utah feels like home.

Visiting Wendy and her cute little girls. We got to
met their newest member, Scarlet, who was just a few weeks
old. Avery, in the cute tutu, got her taste of crazy little boys.

Utah delivered more snowtime fun for the boys. The played
with these cool snowball makers. They were preparing for
a hopeful snowball attack on cousin Stephanie, but she
came home too late. Darn.

Amy is seriously the child whisperer. She got all three boys'
attention. Even Rocco got in on the Amy action.

See what I mean?
Who couldn't love someone who makes homemade
Cotton Candy with them??

Oh, yes. Tony the Tiger.
Graham was in heaven.

We also visited one of my dearest friends, Tara, and two
of her boys. She was so great to let us come over and visit.
I was highly unprepared on this adventure. I made it the full 45
minutes to her house with no diapers and no baby food.
I was seriously off my game. But thanks to Tara we made it.

After Tara's house, we drove even further away to Provo to see another
old friend. The "Schoebaggers'" It has been years since we've seen
them. It was awesome to catch up with them and meet their new little guy.
Unfortunately, I did not get a picture :(

More friends!
My cousin Kelley came over with her 2 littles, Maren and Ethan.
Do you see two T-Rex's?

Good-bye Snuggles

Poor Aunt Annie wasn't feeling well while we were in Utah.
She came out a few times to visit. So Rocco got some snuggles
from her too!


3 comments:

cherroth said...

You really caught the trip in picture! Every where we went you were ready with the camera.......it certainly makes it easy to remember what fun we had! Isn't Rocco cute in the pictures.....and oh how I love Hammy and Brod.

Jones said...

What fun! The snow machine was actually a gift from Pat. She may have put my name on it too, but she paid for it. She loves Brandon!
I love how brave and determined Graham was during the visit to a snowy mountain. I agree with Grandma. Rocco is way cute in all these photos. I noticed right off in the first one that he wasn't there. (And the red thing on the head too!)

Jones said...

whoops. it was Graham that wasn't in the photo. that is what I was trying to say.