Friday, January 18, 2013

Catch Up

We had a great quiet Christmas. Rocco was the first awake. 6am. I kept him distracted for most of the morning, but by 7:30 we had to wake everyone else up. This is about the only photo we have from Christmas. I can't believe how chaotic it gets opening presents. Brode tears threw them and moves quickly on to the next. Graham opens them slowly and curiously investigates every inch of the box or item or looks at every single page of a new book before moving on to the next one. And Rocco is just everywhere.

Once we got all settled down to play, Graham could
only think of one thing... FOOD. He needed a snack ASAP. 




Bowling seems to be our Christmas Break family tradition. We've only been bowling twice in the past two years and both were at Christmas time. Brode and Micah love it. Graham is quite cautious, but enjoys it for the most part. Wish we did this more often.

 Poor Rocco. If he didn't run around like a wild man, then he wouldn't need to be strapped in. He enjoyed watching everyone at first. He had a front row seat and would clap and smile. But that got old fast. We eventually did let him wander a little.

Micah, showing us how hard and fast he can roll (or chuck) the ball down the lane.

This is pretty much what he did. Snacked. And drank.





Graham was very nervous about bowling. The heavy ball. Slippery shoes. Weird people. He just wasn't sure. Thanks to Daddy for helping him feel safe.







18 Months Old!!!
saying "Cheese" at the Doctors Office for his Well-Child Visit
18 Month Old Stats:
Height- 33" (60th percentile)
Weight- 25 lbs (40th percentile)
Head- 49.5 (87th percentile)

Rocco is the Runt of the family. A little red-haired, brown eyed, dark skinned baby boy.
So in December Rocco started Nursery. Micah would drop him off and Rocco would cry. The nursery leaders said that once they gave him food he was fine. He does love food. You'd think he'd weigh more than 25 pounds. And now he goes in just fine. I help the nursery leaders from time to time, going in and out of the room. Which I thought would be hard on Rocco, but he loves it. And will say bye to me without crying. He is such a good boy.

Brode playing B-ball.
We are back to basketball. We took a break for the Holidays and because of Micah's Pnemonia. But now we are back to devoting our entire Saturday morning to basketball. 

Compassion Award
Brode's teacher, Mrs. Clark and I have had several opportunities to chat about Brode. At the begining of the year Brode had some issues with other children and got into trouble for it. One day he had to eat his lunch in the Principals Office. Mrs. Clark and I would talk about how this is just not the Brode that we know. She has always said he was so compassionate. Asking her if they could pray for a little boy that got hurt on the playground. Or offering to help his classmates with an assignment. Telling her, other children in his class and other teachers that they look nice today. Brode does have a warm, compassionate heart, which is why I am so glad he got recognized for this. He loves and feels for others, especially his brothers. What a great big brother! During the presenting of the award, Graham kept saying "Brode is like Jesus Christ".

19 Months Old
Mr. Rocco is now 19 months old and such a cutie. 
When he is sleeping we wish we could wake him. He's
just so much fun to be around. But when he's awake, he's
constantly creating messes, dirtying pans, begging for food, 
coloring on walls, picking on Graham, or screaming. 
But he also loves to snuggle, give hugs (to his big brothers), give
kisses, sings, begs for food, reads books, follows Mommy, dances,
yells, "DADDA!", gives High-Fives and so so much more.
Such a trying but FUN age!












2 comments:

Jones said...

I love these boys!
Thanks for posting the photos and creating this post. Of course, it makes me cry.
I've tried picking your mom's brain about Rocco's main Christmas gift and I can see it is the scooter. What a great gift for an 18 month old. He is so dang cute. And I can see how busy he is.
I'm so touched by Brode's award and especially Graham's sweet comment. You're doing a great job raising your boys mom!

cherroth said...

Ditto,ditto,ditto!!! I just love those boys and the great parenting job their parents have done. Thanks honey!!!!!!