Saturday, August 30, 2008

Cinderella


So this is Micah making a rare post. My subject line pretty much sums up my beautiful wife, and I cannot help but feel like I play the role of her wicked step sisters! Ok maybe I'm not that bad, but sometimes I feel like she waits on me more than the babies! In a typical day I'll get home in the morning after work and go to bed. Then I wake up - not to an alarm - but to the sound of my sweet princess telling me its time to get up and go work at the law firm. So I get up and shower (I do bathe myself, unlike my boys!) and then come out to clothes that are washed and ironed and a lunch that is ready just for me! I get home from the law firm and dinner is ready! The house is seriously always clean (she's even rubbing off onto Brode - he can't stand a "mess!" on his hands, and all papers, wrappers, and food must go PROMPTLY in the "TRASH!"). I really don't do much of anything around the house anymore - she just happily does everything! I even started doing the dished once this last week and she pushed me aside and would not let me finish!

And to top it all off, I think the most impressive thing about my wife is her performance on Sunday morning. We have church at noon and she always let's me sleep in until 11, since I don't get off work until 6:30 am. Without fail, she is dolled up and gorgeous and both of the boys look like they came out of a Baby Gap catalog. I'm amazed at how she gets all FOUR of us ready for church! And oh yeah, my clothes are always ironed and breakfast is ready when I wake up.

So let's recap - I don't cook or clean, I don't get the boys ready for church, and I don't iron my clothes. I don't even wake myself up for crying out loud! Although to my credit I did fix Brode's bed this week....

Now the moral of the story is this - my wife is pretty much perfect. I have never been so busy nor my schedule so crazy, but I attribute my ability to do any and all of it to my sweet, loving wife. Now I just can't wait until I get into and finish law school so that the clock can strike midnight and I can treat poor Cinderella like the princess she is!

1 comment:

Mallory said...

Awww, how sweet!! You know all the women who read this are a little envious (ok, maybe just me!) that our husbands dont sneek onto our blogs and write sweet things about us!! You guys are great, and it sounds like you're both pretty hard workers!