We brought Graham out to the living room thinking that a change in scenery would do him so good and get him calm. But no. He still didn't want to be held and continued to cry. Micah put him on the floor and nothing changed. So weird.... what could this have been? Any ideas? Night terrors?
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Holy Crap......he's back
Last night I was suddenly woken by a screaming baby. A very mad, loud cry. Not scared, or hungry or poopy. Just plain mad. I ran into the boys' room thinking Brode must have done something, granted this was 2:30am. But no. Brode was in his bed wondering what the heck was going on with Graham and why he woke me up. I looked at Graham and he was laying in his bed screaming. Usually once we come in the room he'll stand up or sit up. But he didn't, even when I stood right over him. And the crying didn't cease either. He just kept it up. So I went to pick him up, but that just made matters worse. He pushed me away and leaned his head back, wanting to be put back down. So I did and he continued to scream and lay there. Not kicking his legs or waving his arms. Just laying there as stiff as a board and screaming. I thought for sure Micah would be able to calm him, after all Graham prefers his Daddy. So I came in to get Micah and Graham did the same to him when Micah picked him up. Micah tried holding him tight and singing the usual songs, but nothing. Micah must have thought he was still asleep or having a night mare, so he started shaking him a little and said "wake up, wake up". But still crying hard and mad and resisted being held. Micah and I looked at each other in disbelief. This was so weird. This child is so snugly especially with his Dada. Well at least he is now. It seemed as though we were visited by a Graham we once knew (and loved) 9 months ago. This Graham disappeared one day never to be seen again until last night. This Graham cried and cried all night long and resisted snuggles and loves. So weird.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't know what's more strange - that old Graham is back or that BOTH our babies had the SAME episode on the SAME night. That is TOOOOOO crazy. I finally had to put in Baby Einstein to chill him out. Lucky for me it was only 10:30 and not the middle of the night. I'm guessing night terror.
Kellie says Ethan has night terrors. I would be scared to death to experience something like that. Maybe it was a night terror or my first thought was dehydration (charlie horses) I don't know why. Maybe its because I just want to scream when I get them. I am so sorry and hope that you can figure this all out. That is scary!
It scares me too Lindsey. Does your Toddler 411 book say anything about an episode like this? Is he okay this morning -- being snuggly, etc?
I'm pretty sure we have entered the "night terror" stage. Toddler 411 talks about this a lot. Brode went through this a bit. Definitely different though. He was a little crabby the next morning, probably from a restless nights sleep. But has been my little love bug all day. Thank goodness.
Post a Comment