Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Days

We have been so lucky to have an amazing backyard at our disposal 24/7. My parents backyard is so nice. There's a large covered patio with a cement trail leading to a play-house/ storage. Plus a nice grassy area for lots of kiddie pool time, running from Charlie, the Dog, and finger painting. 

I kid you not, every morning for the past two weeks after breakfast and milk, the boys are out in the back yard. Even before I can change diapers or get them dressed. They absolutely love it out there. Brode has his little car that he drives around like a crazy man and Graham has his walkers that he uses to walk back and forth from the door to the play house, always with the biggest grin on his face.

Graham has recently learned to walk, something I was afraid would take forever. Being the 2nd child I think slows some motor developments to a certain degree. Graham has known for awhile that once he stands up, there is a big brother somewhere near ready to knock him down with or without the use of hands. It's so funny. Brode will just walk up to Graham and bump him with his chest or shoulder and he knows that Graham will go falling. Brode's so smart. He didn't "push" him so it must be ok. 

Anywho, Graham has learned that when he is on his feet and he sees Brode coming his way, he drops to the ground. That way Brode can't knock him down. So darn smart!!!

Here are some fun pictures of the boys enjoying the back...
Brode was finger painting. We weren't successful in 
painting a picture. He loved the feel of the paint on his 
hands. So he rub them together.

This is Caterpillar. 
Brode loves this toy. Everytime we go in the car, Caterpillar
goes with. And he usually goes into the store with us. Brode doesn't
carry him, Caterpillar has to walk.

Mr. Walker! Here he comes, with the biggest smile
on his face. Don't ya just love it?


Brode stole Graham's walker, as usual. Such a little stinker. 

2 comments:

Jones said...

Linds, I'm so proud of you. Fingerpainting! Doing an actual picture can come later. Experiencing all the great sensory stimulation is where it is at for the big brother. Gram looks great with his walking. Isn't it amazing how much they enjoy each new developmental milestone they achieve? It makes you realize how a child really does have to work at getting to a new point of being able to do something. I'm glad you're enjoying your beautiful Idaho summer. It's been in the 100s here for several days -- brutally hot. Dallas may not be so bad, but it may. But I know having balmy weather rather than snow and ice for many months will be a great pay-off. Love ya.

tara said...

That has to be so much fun for them! When they get to TX they might melt outside, even right after breakfast. I'm sure gonna miss you guys!