Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Wednesday we headed down to Austin for Turkey Day. We visited Pat and Carol and some friends. The 7 hour trip could not have been anymore perfect. The two older boys were so happy and good. And Rocco was such a good baby too. We did run into a lot of Holiday traffic, but it did not ruin our trip.

Some good friends were at Pat and Carols house waiting for our arrival. We ate a yummy dinner prepared by Pat and sat around and chatted while the kids ran around. They played so well together. Here they are. Our attempt at calming them down.

For Thanksgiving Dinner we were responsible for a pie, sweet potatoes and pretzel salad. Micah insisted on making all of it. So he spent the morning in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up. Such a great guy! But he is not alone. Micah found a way to keep himself entertained. Notice the iPad in the cupboard?

The table is set for dinner.
Carol made these adorable little turkeys for each person. The boys were so impressed and loved eating them.

Pat getting some Rocco time.
He loved all the attention.

The 2nd night, Graham crawled into bed at 5am with Pat, asking if he could sleep with her. He then snuggled right up to her. After Pat and Carol got out of bed, this is what was left. Sweet Graham and a kitty.

Thursday was spent hanging out. We spent most of the afternoon with Katie and Dallas. We got the kids together and took plenty of pictures of the babies together. Here Katie's practicing for twins

Lola and Rocco

He's not having it

The Daddy's spent most of the day helping out with their kiddos

Saturday was time to head out.
While Micah was trying to pack Rocco got fussy.
So Micah thought, "why not combine the two?"

Graham and Tiger
Just a few months apart in age.
Both love the same blanket.

The bunch with their blankets

It was a great Thanksgiving with family and friends (who seem like family). We are so lucky to have them just a 7 hour drive away. The drive was not bad at all. Both on the way down and the way back. Well worth it for delicious food and great company.
It was awesome driving through Dallas. I miss our city. We had such a great time living there. I was able to stop in at the old restaurant. Tears filled my eyes as I said hello to so many friendly faces. I truly loved my job. It wasn't easy and I hated being away from my family so much. With all that said, the best part of the entire weekend was getting home. It might have been a combination of being in the car for so long and being exhausted. But I have to say, I'm really starting to love our new home. The town is great. Our house is cozy. My job is my family. Life is good.

Thank you Carol and Pat!

3 comments:

cherroth said...

Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving with me ...I am so sad I missed it ...it looks like you had so much fun..I'm jealous of the loves Pat and Carol got to have...at least someone got to love those Babies!!!!!! And how cute are LoLa and Tiger, I can't believe how big they are!!!!

KatieLarson said...

What a wonderful time! So glad you were able to spend it with family and had a good time.

Jones said...

Thank you! We loved having you here! I've been having withdrawals. It is very easy to love having those boys around. I showed the cute cute photo of Rocco to my class today and talked about all his 5 month old behaviors. it was fun to talk about him. Love you!