Rocco had his first bath in an actual bath tub and not the
sink. He LOVED splashing around.
Rocco's first time on the swings.
I think he is still a little too young. And I'm not sure
who got a kick out of it more Rocco or his sweet
big brother Brode.
A couple weekends ago we tried Rice Cereal for the
first time. The pediatrician suggested it since Rocco
isn't sleeping through the night yet. He thought
it was fun at first, but is just not ready.
After the warm up visit (Brode's visit), I took Graham back
for his visit to the dentist. Again another great check up.
Tonight I had a very special night with my Brode. It was a Mom and Brode date night. It was his first Parent/Teacher Conference. Micah is still out of town, so I dropped the younger two at a friend's house and the two of us headed to his school. Brode had a blast showing me around his classroom and explained to me everything that they do. It was so great to see his classroom and get to know his teacher. She had nothing but great things to say about Brode. And she gave me an overview of the things he knows and the things he needs to learn by the end of the year.
Sitting on the "B" for "circle time"
Showing me the calendar and pointing out that today
is the 1st and a Tuesday.
The Skeleton that he is working on.
During our sit down she commented on Brode's
over shirts that he must ALWAYS wear and calls them
his "sharp" shirts.
She also answered all of my questions. One of them being, why does he come home with several
papers with other kids (namely girls) names on them. Her comment was, "the girls love Brode!" She said nothing further. She described Brode as a leader of the class. Said that he was very polite. Loves to participate. Is learning to share. Respects his authority (this was one I was worried about). When I asked what things he was good at, she responded with singing, he's always willing to try things out and is very polite. She also described him as being one of the advanced students. He needs to know at least 14 letters of the alphabet by the end of the year.
Right now he knows 9. So we're close. She's challenged him to know all the letters of the alphabet by the end of the year. The one thing that he needs to work on is not being a tattle tale.
We are so proud of our Brode.
Later I took him for some frozen yogurt.
His school gave him a bracelet that gets him
free frozen yogurt at one of the local yogurt places.
2 comments:
I am so proud of Brode!!!!! I've always said he was bright!!! It looks like he really loves school and being "special". The picture of you and him is so cute , you are so beautiful. The pictures of Rocco are so darn cute....and Hammy at the Dentist, so cute!! Boy life just goes on even tho Micah isn't there, huh.
Sounds like it went really well. Love the firsts from Rocco, especially the bath. It looks like he is really loving the feel of the water. I think it is so interesting to see them grow and learn new things -- respond to new things in their environment.
Post a Comment