That's right. This post has it all. A little bit of everything; or everyone. Let me just start by saying this week has been ah-mazing in many ways. And crappy in others. But let's stay positive and only focus on the ah-mazing things.
For starters, the weather. Yes, I think we can all agree the weather's been so nice lately in most of the country. No different in our great little town. We spent almost everyday at the park. My boys need the park. I need the park. We were all so happy.
Brode went back to school this week. Thank goodness this kid loves school. Loves school. Hopefully it continues. He was very eager to get back to his teachers and to see his friend Rachel. He claims he loves her. Don't know about that, but moving on.
On Monday of this last week, Micah had work off. So we spent the E.N.T.I.R.E day cleaning our home. At the end of the day, we both said that we didn't think our house had been so clean since we moved in. And we've worked hard on keeping it clean and organized which makes for a very happy ME!
Graham the Ham. He is such a Ham. He is sooo happy. Graham has some interesting quirks that no one can quiet explain. Last Sunday was his last church day in Nursery. He teachers were very sad to see him move on. He is always a rock in there. They told me a story about how one day during snack time, he stood up and demanded everyone's attention. Once he got it, he began to sing, "Scripture Power!". They loved it. The kids were so interested. Graham has scripture power. That is his power. He also has magic. And when he is touched by someone, when it is uninvited, by whomever, he'll say, "Don't touch my magic!" I LOVE IT
Graham is a never nude. He has a very strict uniform of comfy tee shirts and elastic shorts. Listen I can't blame the kid. I'd love to live in clothing like that. There have been some chilly days, where wearing such summery clothing just doesn't work. We've come to an agreement that he can wear those comfy clothes at home, but before we leave the house or go outside, he needs to wear pants and a long sleeve shirt. So we spent a few days completely changing in and out of clothes. When we get home, Graham bolts in to the house and immediately begins the transformation back into comfy Graham. Then one day, he got an idea. Shared it with no one, just decided on his own, that he would wear his comfy clothes underneath his long pants and long sleeved shirt. Taking out the middle man, sorta.
Ham.
Fully dressed and ready to take Brode to school.
Long sleeves, pants, socks AND shoes.
Underneath.... t-shirt and shorts.
2 seconds after we've gotten home.
Stripping down.
Comfy again.
Graham has also been known around here as a destroyer of things. Before Christmas we received many toy magazines in the mail. He loved them. Would sit and read them constantly. At night he'd take them to bed to look at. In the morning, we would find the magazines stripped in to thin strips of paper. Completely destroyed.
This is a picture of stuffing, ripped out of a stuffed animal.
Massacre.
My guys are such buddies. They so love one another. And hate one another all at the same time. Recently, they've been getting a long so great. Makes me smile. Saturday night at our house is Movie/game night. We let the boys choose a movie to watch and they get to climb into Mom and Dad's bed to watch it. And even stay up late. We also let them sleep together. After their movie, they climb in to Brode's bed. One head at one end and the other head at the other end.
Sitting together :)
Baths together :)
Rocco. This baby is growing way way too fast. At 6 months of age he is sitting up, army crawling, rolling everywhere, has his first tooth, sleeps through the night, eating baby food and babbling like no other (thinking he might be more of a talker than Brode, if that's possible). This baby puts a smile on everyone's face (except for Graham's). It's not that Graham doesn't like him, or resents him, he just doesn't care for him. Except for when Rocco touches him, or grabs something of Graham's. It is a sweet relationship.
First bath in the tub with no support.
Rocco was swimming like a fish.
Brode. Such an interesting child. So full of life, energy and love. He loves everyone. Especially girls and babies. In December he started basketball for the first time. So far he really likes it. Micah gave a basketball hoop to Brode for Christmas and set it up in our garage. So at night, after Daddy comes home from work, they'll shoot hoops and work on dribbling. Micah keeps the garage door closed, so no one chases a ball into the street. Brilliant.

Brode has practice every Saturday for 30 mins, then a 45 minute game follows. It is a family affair. We all go and support our little guy. It is also somewhat of a Ward affair. We were able to get on the same team as some friends from church. It's awesome.






Brode is a good solid head taller than everyone else on his team.
No surprise.
5 comments:
My how the Fam is progressing!!!! I love how independant Graham is, always thinking. And Brodie already starting to play basketball......With his height this might just be his game.And that sweet Rocco my how he is growing...he sure does look like Micah!!!! Can't wait to hold him!!!!
Interesting destroying? Is he curious to see what is inside and then it is downhill from there? But also interesting that the paper winds up in shreds. Surely, mom there are comfortable long sleeve and long-legged clothes. This seems to be a common challenge with children today -- tactile sensitive. At least you've gotten him to compile with what is appropriate for winter outside wear. I bet this doesn't go away across his life. It will just be something you always deal with.
Yeah for a clean house! It always feels SO good to me too to have a sparkly clean home. I admire the times and energy you put into helping the boys develop physical skills through sports. It ultimately will help them in every way -- socially, intellectually and emotionally. I' glad too that Brode loves school. And I believe he really does love his friend -- it is just his 5-year-old love. But how wonderful that he is so emotive!
Wow it is fun watching Rocco grow, learn and develop. He WAS a newborn just six months ago. The change is just amazing. You are so blessed to have such a happy baby!
So great! I love the days when the kids are friends. That is my number one wish, that my kids grow up and have a wonderful relationship. I would love them to stay close.
I loved your update. I love the Saturday movie/game night. I live that sporting events are a family affair. I love that Graham is a super hero, and I love Rocco's toosh!
What a great update. Thanks!
great update Linds, Love reading about your sweet little fam.
thanks,
I LOVE this post. And I love all those boys. By the way, Rocco more of a talker than Brode?! What? I need to hear this! I remember Brode's nonsensical babbling and I just LOVED it. You all sound so great and I love watching for your updates. Love you all!
P.S. The new blog format looks great!
Post a Comment