Monday, January 30, 2012

Them Boys



























A few weeks ago, we joined some friends for a bar-b-que at the park. The weather was perfect. The kids all got along really well. One of the gals brought along this really cute game. It's basically Tag and flag football combined. Everyone wears a tail, and the idea of the game is to not let another player grab your tail, but for you to collect as many tails as possible. Once some got your tail, you're out. Basically it was pure torture for the little kids. "So and so got my tail!!!!" Many tears were shed.



















Mr. Mobile is everywhere.
E.V.E.R.Y.W.H.E.R.E.










While I was not looking, Brode and
Graham added too much bubble bath to their bath.
That in and of its self is not good. But to top it off they turned on the jets to the tub. The result - about 2 inches of pure bubbles.
"This is Hammy speaking!"

Last week Brode's class studied and discussed Dinosaurs. They sang songs about dinosaurs.
All week long Brode talked about the dinosaurs. He was so excited.
At the end of the week of dinosaurs they had a party. I thought it'd be fun to make a t-shirt with dinosaurs on them. I let the boys design their own shirts and I assisted.
Of course they needed their letters on their shirts as well.
I know that you are probably wondering why there is an "x" on Graham's
t-shirt. According to him, his name starts with an X.

Graham. Sitting in front of the window, reading a book.
One of their favorites, "The Gunniwolf".
Thanks Aunt Carol :)

Rocco is now eating some solid foods. In fact, sometimes he prefers cheerio's
or pieces of bread to pureed baby food.

























First Rocco became really excited and gave me a nice slobbery kiss. So in turn, I had to give him a big kiss on his chubby cheek. This past week I saw major changes in my boy. He no longer needs/wants to be held. He just wants to go go go. Rocco's preferred destination is under the table, where he usually gets stuck. And playing only with toys that he should not be playing with. His new found independence has also led to a decrease in sweet slobbery kisses. Boo.



Brode loves to hold his baby. Loves to play with him. Loves to make him laugh. Constantly protects him and tries to ensure complete safety and happiness at all times. And can sometime border on obsessive and overbearing. But Brode's always been a great big brother to Rocco. I just hope this never changes.

3 comments:

cherroth said...

You guys are always on the go.....but having so much fun!!! Those tails for the game are darling!!!! I'll bet that made it so much fun, even tho I can see someone getting upset about "my tail", and being very possessive. Rocco is not an infant anymore......BOO,I missed it!!!!!!!

Dustin and Kellie said...

Rocco's eyes are gorgeous! That pic of you kissing him and him looking at the camera- WOW! Why have I never noticed this before? Cause as I scroll down is eyes are just as beautiful. Gorgeous kid!

Jones said...

I'm so glad Gunniwolf is being enjoyed! Never would have done the tail game -- yeah, fun but too hard for young ones who get played out. Should have adapted the game so that no one got out, just saw who collected the most tails -- sorry, but competitive games are not good for young children and I get frustrated when people subject them to hurt feelings and then say "well, competition is just part of life, they'll have to get use to it." No wonder we have bullies and corporate bad guys -- just part of life, people will have to get use to it.