Micah was awarded a all expense paid trip to Vegas for meeting his quota for the year. And he was allowed to invite one guest. I was that lucky person. After making arrangements with an amazing friend, we left our boys and head to Nevada. It was so nice to get away.
Day One: I got in Tuesday Night. Election Night. After being dropped off at the resort via car service Micah and I walked around this resort. It was so nice. We cleaned up and headed to an Election Party for his company. The alcohol was flowing and the food was amazing. Buffet style. Which proved to be very bad situation. We ate everything. And a lot of everything.
Day Two: Basically an awards day. We had a breakfast with all the First Time Attendees to "Club". Micah was not only a First Time-er but he was also a "rookie". Very cool. After that we joined the rest of the company in a huge banquet room for a bunch (yep, more food), guest speaker and awards. This was so cool. The guest speaker was Tonya Reiman who has written books on body language. She was so entertaining. And then the highlight of our trip, awards. Micah won an award. It just proves to me that he not only enjoys his job (ALOT) but is also doing a great job. Later that night we got all dressed up and joined the company for a banquet dinner and the huge award. Which Micah's great mentor won. That was awesome.
At the Banquet
Instead of going out and partying with everyone else, we went back to the hotel to watch TV. So lame! But in our defense the time change was killing us.
Day Three: Day in Vegas
We had several options of things to do on this day. Again, at the expense of his company. Ziplinning. Horseback Riding. A damn tour. Spa Treatments. yada yada yada. We choose the Las Vegas Tour which was so rad but long. We visited the Pawn Stars Shop. And five minutes into our visit they announced they'd be filming in 10 minutes. We were so stoked because none of the guys from the show were out in the shop. If they filmed, the guys would have to come out, right? We'll, they then announced that they'd be kicking everyone out. Shoot! It was cool to be there though.
Then we went to the Mob Museum. Very cool place. So interesting, but by the end I was sick of looking at disgusting bloody pictures. Then headed to Zipline down one of Vegas' famous streets. Then went to the Vegas Stratosphere and were given tickets to ride two of their 3 rides. I think not. At least for me. They were lucky enough to get me up to the top, which I about fainted on that darn elevator ride. Then I stuck to the middle of the building. I was so uncomfortable and sick, I'm surprised they didn't find me crawling on the ground. I sat on a couch in the most center of the building while Micah went up to the top to ride some rides. I was not comfortable watching him be so crazy. So I waited for him. After one ride they closed everything down due to wind. That stratosphere was swaying which probably didn't help my situation at all. After that, we drove down the strip. Our guide pointed out all the must see hotels, casinos and buildings offering up a lot of history. We ended at the Vegas Sign. The tour was done and they were going to take us back to the Resort, but Micah and I as well as another couple opted to stay on the strip.
We ate at the Bellagio Hotel. Saw the Bellagio Fountains. Walked on the Strips crazy but brilliant walk ways from one hotel to the next, by passing the streets and stop lights. We attempted to shop. Attempted to watch the Pirate Show at Treasure Island, but closed due to wind. And ended our night with the Beatles. I finally got to see a Cirque Du Soleil Show. It was so amazing. Everything I had hoped for. At the start of the show I was bursting at the seams. So excited. Micah was impressed and understood why I was so excited. I will need to see more of their shows. We took the last shuttle back to the resort and called it a night.
Probably one of the best looking photos we have taken together.
Stratosphere
Bellagio
Crazy Walk Way
Pirates.
They may have canceled the show, but I did not miss out on
the chance to see these guys.
The Beatles- Love!
Day Four: We said good bye to rest and relaxation. To our time away from the boys. Man we needed a break. Need a chance to rest up and get back to the business of raising 3 boys. It was great to be away. But we could not wait to get back to them.Although, before I headed back home I took a quick detour to Olympia, Washington to see my family. My adorable Aunt Satsuki died while she was in Hawaii. This was such a tragic blow to our family, but a great opportunity to get together with family and mend relationships. I am so grateful for my family and all they did to make it possible for so many of us to be together while we were there. I am grateful for the chance to see cousins I haven't seen in so long. And I am grateful to have had the chance to get to know my Aunt a little bit better. Her funeral was so special and different and taught me a lot about who she was. I wish I had had the chance to have gotten to know her better. She was quite amazing.
Cousins Dinner (just a few of us)
Olypmia, Wa 2012
2 comments:
You looked darling at the banquet. Yes, that other close up photo of the two of you is so fun.
You really did up Las Vegas well! It is so awesome that Micah won!!
I think bost pic's of you two are great. You both take pic's really well. I love your outfit at the banquet, we are so proud of Micah he is really doing well. Congrats!!!!!!!
Post a Comment