Well today had been an eventful day! Lindsey had a routine doctor's appointment (she has them every week now! Graham will be here soon), that ended up not being quite so routine! She was laying back and the baby was getting his heart rate checked. She got uncomfortable and started feeling like the baby was performing a gymnastics routine on her lungs! She got really hot and sweaty and had trouble breathing, So she sat up and then the doctor started asking her questions. Lindsey said she did not understand and before she knew it, the lights went out! Thankfully it only lasted a second and both she and the baby are doing just fine. She was really rattled though! Brode and I gave her big hugs when she got home, and now she is watching Dancing with the Stars and otherwise doing just fine!
In other news, Brode will turn 18 months tomorrow, and what better way to ring in is sort-of-birthday than by waking up in his brand new big-boy-bed! Lindsey's dad made some bunk beds for the two boys and so we decided to get Brode going before Graham gets here. We put him to bed at ten after eight and and by eight thirty he was sleeping soundly! Talk about a big relief for Mom and Dad. We've had the bed here for about a week and we really talked up his big-boy-bed, and hopefully he will do as well in the long run as he did tonight (knock on wood).
This morning we had another attack of the killer-poop-fish in the bath tub. Brode started screaming but calmed down by the time Lindsey and I got our heads in the bathroom. Brode was on his stomach, with his head about six inches away from the foul beast. Brode was hissing kkhkhkhhkhkk (it's how he says yuck) at it and giving it the angry eyes. I don't think that brown monster will show its ugly head to our bathing boy for at least another 10 hours! Brode is starting to learn what poo-poo is, and in addition to whining to me saying poo-poo just before the monster came, he also came to me this morning and said "poo-poo! poo-poo!" and then led me to the toilet. He started lifting the lid, and I asked him if he wanted to go poo-poo. He said yes! So we got him all naked (including his shirt - it was obstructing his view) but he gave up after a few minutes. He got down and looked in the toilet, as if their would be another beast in its watery grave. I think he understands the first and last steps in the going of the poo-poo in the potty, and hopefully he will learn to push out that all important second step (I like to call it step NUMBER TWO) in the next few months!
3 comments:
Oh boy, this made me laugh. I like the "poop-fish" term. Alex used to do that all the time when he was little and i'd have to pluck them out of the tub with a toothpick... definitely something I will be reminding him of in 10 years or so!! Brode is getting so BIG! Hope you're feeling better Lindsey, you're almost done!!!
Ya'all made me laugh! That Brode is really getting everything figured out about being human.
I hope Linds is doing okay. Go slow woman. Your heart is pumping for two and that is lots of work.
Love ya and love the blog.
Aunt Carol
HAHA that is so funny, and awesome that he is kind of potty trainning him self. I have a girlfriend here and her daughter had that same montser in the bath tub, he must get around. Are you feeling better now? we hope so, that must have been a scare. miss you kormybaggers
Post a Comment