Sunday, October 25, 2009

New Milestones

Big Ones. Yep, it was an exciting weekend at the Kormylo House. Micah was blessed with no classes this past Friday. So he decided to dedicate his three day weekend to Brode and Potty Training. YES! Brode has done so well. He loves wearing his "undies" and loves doing a good job and going in his potty. We went to church and he insisted on wearing "undies" rather than a diaper, because diapers are for babies. He had one little accident. I guess when you are so little and are used to going in a tiny little potty at home while watching TV, its easy. But when your punk parents try to take you into the bathroom stall and ask you to sit on a tall toilet that could easily swallow your little behind, you get a little frightened.

Anybody have any ideas on how to work through this? How to get Brode to go on a normal size toilet?

The second major milestone, is that Graham is now in nursery. This is a day that never seems to come quick enough. The past few months have been so difficult. It is so hard to try and entertain someone who is constantly on the move. But we've endured at it has paid off. Although we did hear many cries coming from down the hall. Poor little Graham is so shy, he had a hard first day. Thankfully Brode stepped into "big Brother" mode and really tried to take care of his brother.

Ah yes. Our boys are growing up.

3 comments:

Monte and Brittany said...

get one of those seats that go on top of the toilets!! we never used a little stand a lone potty thing. but cole loves it. thats what we used to potty train cole

Jones said...

Congratulations! What awesome transitions and all in one weekend. I would just be patient with the big toilet fear. Time and experience will work through it. Validate his fears (Yes, it is big) and reassure him (but I'm going to stand right here and make sure you're okay).
Graham will warm up in Nursery. Oh, I can just imagine him in there watching everything going on around him. Wow, you are free birds for two hours every week!! Of course, they could call Micah to work in Nursery. Actually, that is a really cool calling -- sit on the floor, play, eat great snacks, etc. I love working in Nursery.

Dustin and Kellie said...

How fun! We potty trained Ethan on our regular toliet so I have no suggestions on the little to big transitions. But that is super for him to be doing so well. One little accident.. not bad at all! And yay for Graham too. Ethan had a really really hard time. Every week Dustin and I would trade off who would sit in there with him. Maren though is Miss Big Girl. She loves her "class" and doing "grown up" things. Since she's gonna be starting primary in January her nursery leader has been bringing her and the soon to be sunbeams into Primary. Friday morning she woke up cried to me "I want to go to Primary!" It was hilariously wonderful!! I love it!