Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Meaning

This month Rocco turned 6 months old. He had a wellness check up. And he gave a NEW meaning to GROWTH SPURT. For whatever reason, Rocco jumped off his growth chart. His doctor literally came into the room scratching his head. The doctor felt this answered my question of why wont this kid sleep through the night. Since Thanksgiving, he went from size 6 months to 12 months. So this is Rocco at 6 months:
Weight - 18 lbs 10oz - 90th percentile
Height - 28.5 - 97th percentile
(at 3 months, he was only in the 75th percentile for height)
Head - 46cm - 97th percentile
(Has his father big dome)

Rocco loves to be held. STILL. This is his preferred method of making it through the day.
Rocco enjoys floor time. He rolls all over and just recently began the army crawl.
Rocco prefers to play with small boxes or hangers over normal baby toys.
Rocco has started Rice cereal and some veggies. Hates peas. But LOVES green beans.
Since we started the baby food, he has been sleeping through the night. We started baby food Monday night. He has slept through the night every night since. I am one happy Mommy!
I've learned he has a very small mouth which is difficult to stick a spoon full of baby food into.
Rocco loves the swings.
Rocco NOW loves his car seat and falls asleep in it quite frequently.
Rocco almost sits up. The doctor said that he might take a little bit longer sitting up since there is so much of him to balance and control. I laugh!!!

BRODE at 6 MONTHS
Height - 30 inches - 95th percentile
Weight - 21 lbs 2 oz - 95th percentile
Brode has always been my big baby, although he weighed the least at birth.
He has always been very tall for his age and his weight has always been
perfectly proportionate to his height. My big Kormylo boy!


GRAHAM at 6 MONTHS
Height - 27.5 inches - 85th percentile
Weight - 19.5 lbs - 75th percentile
Head - 46.5 cm - 100TH PERCENTILE
I've always thought Graham is little smaller than Brode.
Definitely thinner and has a HUGE head!!!

Back to Little Roc



Finally, warmer weather. Which means, running around outside. I swear, without parks, I'm not sure how we would survive. My little boys LOVE going to the park. I enjoy it too. It is just so nice to be outside and get a little energy out. We were able to spend yesterday and today outside playing basketball, riding our bikes and walking to the park. Everyone enjoyed it!
Picture Overload.
I'm sorry, but I just can't get enough of this guy!!!
He loved the swing. And made the cutest faces.


Don't ya love the shoes?!?!?
Thanks Aunt Bri!

Graham wanted to push Brode.
He is such a great helper. And such a great bud!

Can't believe how big this guy is getting.
He claims he is only 2. Somedays I wish that were
true. Can't believe we are only 4 months away from his
4th Birthday. I know, it's hard to believe.


Oh Mr. Browns Eyes.

5 comments:

cherroth said...

Again thank you sweetheart for sharing the photos. It makes me feel like I'm right there in the park with you. And I really enjoy Rocco funny faces. He is such a happy boy, he must be truely loved. The other boys look so happy too! I am so glad you take the time to go to the park and take them on walks.I am sure they just love being out. You and Micah have such a darling family!!!!

Jones said...

There is no such thing as photo overload with your boys. I love all that you post.
Wow, how interesting to read of the growth spurt. I can only guess at how grateful you are for a full night's rest. The photo of Brode just took my breath away. Since I wasn't around when he was a baby I can't fully appreciate how MUCH he still looks like what he did as a baby. It is totally amazing to me.
Your park visits sound delightful. It is gorgeous in Austin today also. A perfect day to be out playing.
Love you and love your boys.

Dustin and Kellie said...

Such beautiful boys! That huge growth spurt is insane! Holy moly! I think I need to do more visits to the park with my kids. I wish during this time of the year we had warmer weather, but once it comes I, of course, wish for the cooler stuff.

We did not get a new house. We went to St George for Christmas and stayed at Duston's parents second house down there. It is like our home away from home. I think we've gone to St George once a month this year, which is wonderful!!

Pat said...

thank you sweet Linds, this is the best post. What sweet photos of the boys. Wow I agree with Carol, amazing to see how much Brode still looks the same. They are all so beautiful....handsome. Carol was right just the best post. thanks,

Todd & Nichole said...

Oh my goodness her is so cite I could just eat him up! I think we need to arrange some marriages! I can't believe goiter big everyone is getting (and cute too, that party isn't hard to believe). I'm jealous of your warm weather and park time.