The Easter Celebrating started on Friday with a party at Brode's school. Of course he was excited for this. Of course he couldn't wait for Friday. He was so pumped.
Mr. Pose
All ready for his party. Taking 20 filled and taped eggs to
donate to the easter egg hunt.
I was able to go to his school later that afternoon and help hide the
eggs. Then watch Brode and his classmates go a-hunting.
3-2-1-GO!
Aren't their bunny ears sooo cute?
Counting his eggs.
Brode was so good and such a great listener. They were told
they could only have 15 eggs. So, once he gathered a bunch he
immediately sat down and started counting them out.
Worried about Graham being jealous of all of Brode's new eggs, Graham had his own Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt at home. With just Dad, Rocco and Mom. I hid the eggs in specific places, then created a list of clues where the eggs might be. He was so cute and conscious of every move he made. He really wanted to make sure he got it right.
Moral Supporters
His clues!
(Thank you Pinterest! What was life like before you came into our lives??)
On Saturday we decorated hard boiled eggs.
I am not a fan of this at all. I have memories of smelling disgusting
eggs in my basket days after Easter. Needless to say, they were colored
then thrown away.
Our eggs were pretty boring, but at least the boys
thought it was fun!
Easter!
The Easter Bunny was very good to the boys this year.
Thank you Easter Bunnies.
This is my basket. Made by Micah!
With a few of my favorite Easter Chocolate Eggs in it.
The carmel filled are my fav!
I just love my cute basket!
Not excited at all.
Ha!
Our amature attempt at a cute Easter photo.
Maybe next time we'll have them sit facing
away from the sun, not right at it.
Such rookies.
Cute. But could have been cuter if the sun wasn't
in Rocco's eyes. Poor baby.
Again, dang sun.
HAPPY EASTER!
Which photos are you're favorites?
Church was in the morning. Followed by pictures. We had naps. Then headed over to dinner. Our friends from our ward invited us to join them at their parent's home. We were asked to bring fruit salad. Dinner was so lovely. The table was decorated beautifully with vases of Daisies and Red Roses on each end. Name cards were set out for everyone. The three children (not counting Rocco and another baby) had their own, child-friendly, table. The menu:
Ham
Ribs
Avocado Egg Rolls
Corn Salad
Funeral Potatoes
Zuccini and Squash
Rolls
Fruit Salad
Chocolate Mouse
and Lemon Angle Food Cake
After dinner the three little boys had another Easter Egg Hunt in the backyard. The Dads hid the eggs and then let the guys run loose. The weather was so perfect and it was so nice to be outside. We were had a nice Easter, even though we weren't with family.
3 comments:
Makes me cry! What a good mommy and daddy you are! That baby certainly looks like he is his father's son. And his hair looks red! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you made such a fun special egg hunt just for Graham. It looks just wonderful. You could always make egg salad from the HB eggs and it would keep several days in the fridge. It is one of my favorites (plus it is very economical). I am impressed that you could go help at Brode's school. Wow, isn't he just SO much taller than his classmates. The Easter outfits are so cute! I love the photos even with the sun. What fun memories you are making!!!!
Oh those BOYS are so handsome in their "new" Easter outfits. I agree what the heck did we do before pinterest!! Such cute ideas!! You did Easter up really nice....memories..... have been made, traditions starting...you are well on your way.P.S. I love your Easter basket the most....Micah is sooooo good to you and what a cute idea!!!! I wished somebody loved me like that.
Oh those BOYS are so handsome in their "new" Easter outfits. I agree what the heck did we do before pinterest!! Such cute ideas!! You did Easter up really nice....memories..... have been made, traditions starting...you are well on your way.P.S. I love your Easter basket the most....Micah is sooooo good to you and what a cute idea!!!! I wished somebody loved me like that.
Post a Comment