I don't remember much about the flight home. I do remember being super stressed out about our luggage. Getting everything home. Praying that the over-stuffed bags didn't weigh more than 50 pounds. Hoping that we wouldn't have to pay for 3 bags to be checked. Which we were over the weight limit and we did have to check another bag. BUT the lady checking in our bags, the one who insisted we check the 3rd, didn't charge us a dime for the third bag. She called it a "baby item". Bless her heart.
Our first flight was from Boise to Salt Lake. Typical. Like I said, I don't really remember anything about this flight. Must of been very smooth :)
We had about an hour and a half layover in Salt Lake. Just enough time to potty, stretch our legs and let lil Roc crawl around.
Then it was time to board our 2.5 hour flight to OKC. This flight was not full at all. Micah and Graham sat on the left side and Brode, Rocco and I sat on the right side. We had to de-ice which took some time. Little did I know, I was holding a baby that was not feeling well at all. I offered Rocco a cracker or something and he quickly dismissed it. Next thing I know, he has soaked me, from my neck to my lap in vomit. Soaked. Thankfully we hadn't taken off yet, so I passed the disgusting baby off to Micah to clean him up and change his clothes. Meanwhile I am trying to clean the puke up off the floor and myself. I had three layers on and it had soaked completely through. There was no way I could wear this the entire flight home, but had nothing to wear except Micah's jacket. So I threw that on and threw my clothes and Rocco's clothes in a bag the flight attendant offered. Oh we were stinky and uncomfortable. (Sorry for the details)
The rest of the flight was pretty smooth. I ended up sitting behind Micah and Graham with Rocco so he could lay down. Which gave Brode two seats to himself.
We landed in OKC around 11:30pm. Late night for us all. We quickly grab our bags and walked to the car. The airport is approx 40 mins away from our house. We got buckled in and headed home. About 15 mins into the car ride Brode started to complain about his stomach. Sure enough he puked into a jacket. And ended up being sick for the next 4 days. We eventually all got it, expect for Micah. What a "welcome home".
Helping us pack
Getting some wiggles out before the next flight
Stretching out a little
Ah yes, the great distractor, the iPod
Sitting by himself snackin
This is after he got sick
Poor baby
1 comment:
Poor baby. And poor mommy! Yuck, what an awful thing to happen. But it generally is true that the worst will happen when you are least expecting it. At least the flight wasn't full so you had some room to stretch out. That had to have helped alot. It is true that people are more inclined to get sick when they are traveling. Doesn't make it any easier though. Love the picture of Rocco crawling and under the seat at the airport.
Post a Comment