Friday, April 6, 2012

Spring Time

After everyone served their time with that nasty stomach bug someone in Idaho gave us, we got right back to everyday life. School, spring sports, work and trying to keep busy. Thankfully the weather was warmer and so beautiful, it was easy to find things to do.

That weekend Oklahoma received such a blessing in the form of rain. Much needed rain. We got so much of it, that we were pulled out of our drought. Hooray.

Brode playing in the rain and running through mud puddles.
This was a must. This boy freaks out when it is raining because he doesn't
want to get wet. I don't blame him, but it's nothing to cry about. So we had to show
him that a little bit of rain wont hurt him. So what better way to
show this, then to encourage him to dance in the rain.

Graham loved dancing in the rain.
And he got right out there. He was a little hesitant at first.
Like, "Mom, is this a trick?!?!"
He had such a great time, Brode finally joined him.

First Time in the Grass
How do you think he liked it?
Spring soccer started the weekend after we got home.
Rocco, Brode and I watched Micah coach Graham's team.

Bathtime.
He's getting a lot of these now-a-days.
Rocco is such a mover. Constantly crawling everywhere.
And he is eating like a champ. Loves to eat off of my plate.
He is a messy messy boy.

With this lovely spring-like weather, the blinds have been up and
the windows have been open.
Rocco discovered a whole new world through this window.
And spends a lot of time looking out this window.



I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the ______ tree!
Over the past few weeks I've watched this tree blossom
into this beauty. I loved it! Unfortunately the blossoms
did not last and it is just an old tree again.

1 comment:

Jones said...

Oh Linds. That first photo of Rocco standing, looking out the window is SO precious.
What a great idea to dance in the rain. yeah, I'm glad you've gotten some moisture. Nothing makes you appreciate rain more than a significant drought!