We recently took a trip to the store. I allowed each boy choose a cereal. For the first time, Graham chose something other than the usual. I was shocked. But not surprised because the cereal he chose was very similar to his favorite.
Tonight, after spending the entire day sick on the couch, Graham finally had enough energy to get up and sit at the table for dinner. Only he didn't care for the dinner we all were eating. When you're sick, I don't fight you. He didn't want Hot Dogs. Thats fine. I'll make you, almost, anything you want.
He asked me in his sweet high pitched Grahamy Hammy voice, "Can I have some of Easter Bunny's Fruit Loops?"
I didn't get it or understand it at first.
He then said, "Easter Bunny's white, right Mom?"
"Can I have some of Easter Bunny's Fruit Loops?"
I got it. I knew what he wanted. I was surprised he used the words "fruit" and "loops" together. I was surprised at his way of describing a cereal he didn't know the name of.
TRIX, are Easter Bunny's Fruit Loops
2 comments:
Awwww sweet Hammy......He is growing up is he. I'll be sure and have white Easter Bunny Fruit Loops at my house!
Isn't interesting the mental associations that he makes and then how he is able to articulate them to you. I loved Trix as a child -- so long ago! I didn't realize they still made them though they look alittle different. Yuck! They are so sweet in mind but I think children don't have that same gag reflex to super sweet stuff. So sorry he was sick. There have been 24-hour bugs going around in Austin. I hope that is all it was.
Post a Comment