Friday, May 11, 2012

Stuff Worth Remebering

Everyday Brode and Graham surprise me with how different and unique they are. Children really are born with their own personalities and it doesn't matter what I do or teach them, they are who they are.

Yesterday Brode had his Pre-K Game Day. Somewhat like field day, only the school had activities in the gym and the Pre-k students were separated into groups and you'd go from one game/activity to the next.

I volunteered 2 dozen cookies and with Rocco and Graham in tote, we went to watch. Only we didn't watch we got to participate. Mrs. Woods (Brode's teacher) gave Graham permission to participate. I shrugged it off, thinking my sweet timid Hammy's not going to feel comfortable enough to participate. Man was I wrong.

Graham stood in line with Brode's class. Sat on the floor in a line with Brode's class. And participated in every activity with our group. All the while holding the HUGEST smile on his face. He was so excited to be at school and to be apart of everything that was going on. Which made me so proud and happy in  return. He's growing up! I do have some pictures, I'll post them later.

Brode surprises me everyday. He is such a lover. He's so compassionate and just sweet. At Game Day, I stood next to a teacher from a different Pre-k class. She asked me if I was Brode's Mom and then told me how sweet he is. Told me that he is just the nicest and friendliest kid. She has a little girl named Caroline in her class. Caroline loves Brode and always asks if she can go see Brode. Hates it when the weather isn't nice because then she can't play with Brode outside for recess. Brode is the same way. Rachel (a CUTE girl in his class) has his heart, but Caroline is a close second. And he searches for Caroline on the playground too!

Last night Brode chatted with his Grandma Cheryl on the phone for quite some time. They talked all about school. At one point they were discussing Brode's friends. And the first person he listed was Rachel. I guess Grandma asked why he likes Rachel so much and his response was that she had some cool hole on her backpack. But that he also liked her because of her face. He couldn't describe her face, but he liked it. I threw out cute. And he responded "it's beautiful!"

Further into their conversation Brode mentioned June Bugs (we've been attacked!). He said to his Grandma Cheryl, "We've got June Bugs, and it's not even June! Man we need to get them a list. I mean a calendar!"

Rocco's becoming more and more active and mischievous. Besides bear crawling everywhere (he really is so fast) he is also climbing. Shame on me for not buckling him into his high chair and then leaving the room. Because 1 minute after I left, Brode came running into my bathroom yelling, "He's standing up. He's Standing up!!!" I thought no way. But i ran out there (let's be honest, this could have been really bad) and sure enough the little stinker was standing up and screaming at me.

Oh my Boys!

1 comment:

Jones said...

So cute. He likes her face.
I can see these boys really do have you on the run!