Graham is our sweet unique little second son. Full of imagination, personality and a sense of humor. He has several different personalities, Graham, Kitty, Batman, Spiderman just to name a few. Graham is known to be a sweet shy child, modest and slow to trust. On the soccer field he is known as "batman" and will correct anyone who calls him Graham. He is curious, particular and possessive. And one of the best cuddlers I know. He is our Happy Hammy.
As you might know, our home is all about the superhero. We are slowly widening our repertoire of super heros. It all began with batman and has since spread to Superman and Spiderman. So you can imagine the amount of superhero toys in our possession.
These are just four of the probably 15 small batman
action figures we own. But not all are created
(or treated) equal. One of these four
is the only 1 out of a bucket
full that Graham will play with.
At first glance you might think,
"well these two are identical".
I assure you they are not. Please take a closer
look at the batman's ears. Do you notice that
the one in front is missing the tip of his left ear?
That's right my friends, this one is not worthy
of play from Graham. Rather it is the batman on the
left with the perfect bat ears that is
worthy of Graham. He calls it his
"fixy batman". Funny.
Our entry way has become somewhat of a playroom. It is long and has plenty of free space. Graham loves this area. Not to mention when you roll plastic balls on the tile floor it makes really cool loud sounds.
In the entry way playing.
This is the basket that holds all the balls,
but Graham decided to give it a try.
This is not the first time I've caught him
stuffing himself into a basket....
Here he is, 13 months old, sitting in the
basket while he plays.
He first had to take everything out of the basket first.
And of course his sweet "watch dog" Charlie
standing guard.
Here is Batman. Remember that while on the field
he is not Graham. Here he is shooting the "joker" ball
rather than kicking it. Hey, at least he is out there
running around.
A post is not quite complete without pictures of one of the sweetest and happiest 4 months olds around. Yes Rocco is 4 months old. Time is a going by. This past week we set up his crib in Graham's room and evicted him from our room. It has been a little tricky because Rocco doesn't quite sleep through the night yet. Well heck, neither does Graham. He wakes up in the middle of the night and crawls in bed with us.
Rocco just before falling asleep.
Fat and happy.
We still swaddle him when he goes to sleep,
which he loves and finds such delight in. But on
this day it was a little warm in the house and
he was already wearing warm clothing,
I worried that wrapping him up would cause him to
get overheated. He did not mind as long as he
had a blanket close by to dig his cute little
face into and then he was out.
Ok, so now a few things on Brode. He is such the fun 5 year old lover boy. At church this past weekend he declared to me that he'd like to marry "two womens". He felt it was unfair when I told him he could only marry one woman. He was also very shocked to learn that I would not let him date until he was 16. He thought that was just too old. One afternoon as he picked up Rocco to rock him, he was so delighted in holding his sweet baby. He belted out a joyful song of, "I love babies and the girls. I love babies and the girls." At this age his love of babies is so sweet and I hope he is always this good and sweet with his brothers. And at this age the love for girls seems so sweet and innocent. Who knows what trouble this might bring as he gets older.
Brode loves keeping his room clean and organized.
In fact he'll stay up late just to tidy up his room
(probably in an effort to stall from having to go to sleep).
Recently he began to set his clothes out the night
before for school. Notice how they are set out perfectly
on the floor. His blue shirt with his button down shirt
to go over it. He even has a bracelet
laying next to his shirt. Socks in his shoes.
What an organized little guy.
BONUS VIDEO:
Graham singing Scripture Power
(and Rocco crying in the background)
2 comments:
Oh what a cute, cute family you have. Rocco is such a cute baby, but please don't sit him in the bouncer anymore....it's time to move up to a bouncy chair( or whatever you call those things)! And Graham singing.....WOW! I knew Brode was going to be a very paticular fellow...and he is!!!!!
I don't know how I missed this post before. I love all those photos of Graham and especially the video of him singing -- who knew this shy little guy could belt out a song? :)! I especially like how you've noticed the pattern of him liking to be inside baskets. What a unique little approach to exploring space. And for him to have done it at such an early age too. So interesting.
I love Brode's need to organize. I'm sure you'll encourage this all you can. :)
Isn't it wonderful that he loves babies and girls so much he has to sing about it! This is why I love little children so much. Their joyous enthusiasm for the simple things in life is so refreshing.
Love you.
Post a Comment