Friday, November 21, 2008

Don't Blink!!!!

If you do, they will change. And when I mean they, I mean children. And when I mean children I mean GRAHAM.To think, he was once a super colicky baby. Once a baby who was swaddled cozy in my arms. Once this child who only slept, pooped and ate. 
Well no longer..... He has become mobile, folks. Yes that is right! Not crawling though. Just rolls everywhere. I love this stage. It is so fun. I'll put him on his blanket in the middle of the floor and the next thing I know he is stuck over by the table. It is time to really baby proof and vacuum every day. Graham is gonna keep me on my toes.

Not only is he mobile, but he has his first tooth. It is not completely in yet, but we can see it and feel it on the bottom left of his mouth. Wow! Seriously, where did all the time go. He is seriously changing right before my eyes. Before I know it he'll be walking. This is just a great reminder of how I need to cherish these moments and not look and hope for things of the future. I need to find joy in life right now. (Thanks President Monson!)
This is where he began.

One roll later.

Several more rolls and a turn later. 
Brode
Brode is in an interesting stage. Lets begin with nighttime. Brode has learned to open his door. My most dreaded of accomplishments by him. I knew this day would come and it has officially arrived. He has always been great about bedtimes. At 8pm every night, I put him in bed and read some stories and say prayers. And he never tried to get out of bed. Well, now that he has learned to open the door he gets out of bed and opens his door. Then he'll lay in the hallway with his blanket or right in the doorway of his room. 
Frustrating. I then go and get him and put him back to bed. Well, after several nights of that, my mom bought some "childproof" door knobs. So I put one on the inside of his door and he can not get out. I feel terrible. But he has to learn to stay in. 
During the day it is a different story. He wants to be locked in his room. Maybe it is because Graham moves around a lot more and grabs his toys, that he feels the need for some privacy. Whatever the case may be, he goes into his room, closes the door and plays for several minutes sometimes a few hours. When he is ready to come out he just knocks on the door. And if I were to go in, he just pushes me out and closes the door on me. What an interesting child. 

2 comments:

KatieLarson said...

Growing up so fast!!! Oh my goodness. Graham already has a tooth. I never thought that would ever be a cool thing but since Aidan has started cutting his tooth. It is amazing and odd right of passage.

Suzie Koskella said...

It makes me sad how fast they grow! Somedays I would love just to hold little baby Jacob one more time! Your boys are so cute!