Thursday, was dinner at The Roths. Everyone was there except for my sister Brianne and her boys. Dinner again was amazing. Nothing like having it two night in a row!!!!
We began the day, with a movie. We took Brode to see Madagascar II (Graham was with my parents). It was really cute and Brode did so well. We went all out. Popcorn. Pop. AND Candy. After the movie we went to my moms house and put Brode down for a nap, while I made Pretzel Salad, YUM! The men watched football and my mom and I went through Black Friday Ads. So traditional. My mom, dad and I helped in the kitchen preparing all the goodness. It is so interesting how long it takes to eat all that good food compared to how long it takes to prepare. All worth it though.
After dinner, we relaxed and chatted. Then it was Nerts Time. One thing I love so much about my family is that we all love to play games. Even my parents. We've always played some sort of game. Since we learned how to play Nerts, that's all we play.
Both days were so amazing. Lots of yummy food and some great family time. Micah has all day tomorrow off. We'll spend the day putting up Christmas Decorations, watching BSU Play, and we plan on going to the Festival of Trees. Unfortunately we will not be shopping tomorrow. It almost doesn't feel right. But I have most of the shopping done for our boys (just a few more things to get for Brode) and Micah and I are not getting anything for each other for Christmas. So there is really no need to go out with all the crazies. So for all of you that will be shopping, spend extra for us and please be safe!!!!
This was before the movie. So excited!!!
They are perfect playmates. Same size.
Can you believe this?
They have to watch football, but all they do is sleep.
This is before they got the tryptophan in their systems even.
3 comments:
What is this pretzel salad? Sounds interesting. Maybe you could post it on the recipe blog.... :)
Hi, I found your blog post through a search for “Nerts”. It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don’t mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks
Happy Thanksgiving! It sounds like you had a blast. We took Ethan and Maren to Madagascar, but had to leave. Maren was not quite ready for a movie. I'm glad your days were full of fun!
Post a Comment