Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Kiss from Jesus

Rare post from the old man of the house...

Best Buds Riding a Grasshopper
So yesterday we went for a really long walk on the Katy Trail that ended up at a park close to our place early in the afternoon.  The boys were having a blast playing with lots of other kids.  Eventually the play ended up on a big metal toy jeep, complete with steering wheel, roll-bar, and back seats.

Some pics of our boys, some friends, and the Jeep

Note the dangling legs in these pictures...

Brode was sitting in the back seat and his little lady-friend was climbing on the roll-bar when she slipped and fell.  My first concern was for the girl - Brode looked like he was completely out of the way.  But then the girl didn't make a peep and Brode started crying a lot, and held his left arm while doing so.

He favored it for the rest of the day, and hyper-Brode gave way to snuggly-Brode.  He was clearly in pain!  Lindsey and I were worried that he broke it, but after doing a mom-n-dad exam and consulting with an expert parent (my sister), we decided to give it a couple days and see how he did.  There were lots of tears during the day as he would aggravate it, but there was enough calm-time to lead us to believe that he probably had a deep bone-bruise, not a break.

At bed-time, we made sure that Brode prayed that Heavenly Father would make his arm feel all better, and true to his perfect little prayer, Brode woke up feeling very normal today!

Fast forward twelve hours.  It's bedtime and we were sure to make sure that Brode thanked Heavenly Father for making his arm feel better.  He said a sweet prayer and advanced to story time.  Now I had worked out a couple days before and my lower back was pretty sore, so I told Brode that there would only be one story tonight, cuz my back hurt!  Without hesitation, Brode said, "Dear Heavenly Father, help Dadda's back to feel all better.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!"

It took me by surprise just a little, and I asked him what he said.  He ignored my question and said, "You feel all better!"

"Why?"  I replied.

"Because Jesus kissed your back all better!"

And it does feel better...  =)

2 comments:

Jones said...

So sweet! Thanks for sharing. Brode has awesome faith. Love the pics.

Dustin and Kellie said...

What a beautiful little story! I love hearing things like that. It make me so proud to hear my kids say something that shows their faith (And shows I at least sometimes get something right!) What a great kid. I'm glad everyones ow-ie's are feeling better! (And hope Brode got an extra story for his super help!)

Also, Props to the "Old Man" of the house. I dig that you blogged! I think thats great!