Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saturday Adventure

So last night, Friday, we went and really explored downtown (less than 5 mins from our house). We jumped in the car, made our way to the American Airlines Center (where the Maverikes play) and tried to get lost downtown. We had so much fun exploring our new city. We saw so many awesome things to do. Thank goodness we have 3 years to explore it all. On our way home we drove down McKinney Rd. It is the "happening" road. The entire area is called West Village, again extremely close to our house, and it is supposed to be the new / hip area of town. It is so cool to be so close. 

So Micah and I decided that Saturdays after lunch we will explore our city. We'll do something fun, take the train, go to the Zoo or a Musuem or see a show and maybe get dinner downtown. Ya know, the works. 

Today we began. And there's no place better to start, than at the place that got us here. SMU. We took a stroll through most of the campus today. It was super hot, so we cooled down near the big fountains. Of course the boys had an awesome time, while they were pushed in their royal carriage. Walking around campus really made Micah excited to start. We are so glad to be here and feel so lucky.  
SMU Law Quad

Micah's New Home.
In the Quad looking at the Law Library. 
 

Center off Campus. Enjoying the big fountain.

Cooling of in the water.

Graham loves his Texas Longhorn. 

3 comments:

KatieLarson said...

So jealous...not just of the awesome family time you have on Saturdays but because of the whole adventure. Micah starting law school (maybe its still in my future) is so excited. Let us know if you need anything. Love ya.

Dustin and Kellie said...

OH MY HECK! SHAME, SHAME!! ON ME! I have been super busy.. Therefore a super blog slacker.. I had to look back and see that you had moved! WHERE HAVE I BEEN! AHHH! There is no excuse! I apologize! Holy Moly!

Dustin and Kellie said...

Sorry, I wrote the last comment after I had started reading and was like "The Mavericks?? They aren't in Idaho?! What the heck is going on!?" (*scroll down, scroll down* read*) Yatzee! Ahh! I see.. They've moved.. There was even a HUGE post about the long drive. Wow! That is awesome that I am so awesome (seriously, I apologize!)

That sounds like a GREAT day! The campus is beautiful! I am so happy for your family and the step you are taking so Micah can have a job he loves! That is perfect! So great! Your boys are SOO CUTE!