Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saying GoodBye and Travel Log

The week before we headed out we spent a lot of time saying good bye to good friends and spending time with family. We had a lot to do before we left and we got it all done.

Some of our good friends got together to throw us a Texas Style Gathering.
There were SMU decorations, hand made by Andrea and fun red 
bandana's. It was so great to get together one more time. Thanks ya'll. 
We missed you Beau!

The night before we left we spent at home with our dearest of friends. The Dobb's who we've known since Micah and I first started dating and the Manwaring's who have become the greatest friends just this past year. I am so grateful to their friendship's and they will be so missed. 

Saturday Morning the guys packed the truck. 
Tomasi, Micah, Jake and Dallas.
Thanks guys, you really made it go by fast.

Sunday Morning. Loaded up and ready to go. Brode looks 
comfy, doesn't he? He felt like such a big boy riding in 
the big truck with his Dadda.

There was no room in the backseat for Graham, so he road up front
with me. He was a great co-pilot.

First night we spent in American Fork with my friend Tara. 
This is the view from her front porch. Can you freak'n believe it? 
The Temple looks so pretty. Must be nice!

Tara took such great care of us. Sunday night she made us a great
dinner and got me a Birthday cake. Super sweet. Monday morning
she made the awesomest breakfast with this bread recipe she has.
Thanks Tara! You're the best. I love you so much.
And we are ready to head out again!


Our second night we stayed in Denver. We loved the drive from Provo to 
Denver. So beautiful. I can not believe how pretty it was.

Many a diapers were changed on the back of the car. 

Brode eventually switched over to the car with me. I had the movies.

As we drove in to Denver the biggest storm clouds followed. We made it and it began to pour. Tuesday morning we drove through Kansas, made a pit stop to see my younger sister and stopped for the night in Oklahoma. Again, super pretty scenery the whole way. But from Denver on, it rained. While we were in Kansas the weather was so terrible. Lighting surrounded us and we heard Tornado warnings on the radio. Freaky! 

Wednesday we slept in and drove 3 short hours to Dallas. 
We made it!

2 comments:

cherroth said...

THANKS LINZ FOR TAKING THE PIC'S SO I COULD RIDE ALONG WITH!!!!! YOU MAKE THE TRIP LOOK SO EASY, WHICH I'M SURE IT WASN'T. BUT I'M SO GLAD YOU ARE GETTING SETTLED AND COULD YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU HAD THE HELP THERE ALREADY...AND YOUR APT LOOKS REALLY CUTE...TAKE SOME MORE PICTURES PLEASE...I LOVE YOU GUYS AND MISS YOU TERRIBLY!!!!!

tara said...

I'm so glad you guys could stay with us. I loved that Graham sat in the front. You have such a cute family!